• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

For Sale: 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak

Cap'n Bob

For Sale: 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak 1500cc.  I've had this motorcycle for years and really like it. Although I have been riding less lately. So I have decided to start reducing the toys and stuff. This is a sport cruiser that comes with fuel injection, 43 mm inverted front forks and decent brakes. So this is not your typical cruiser.
  The bike has slightly over 21,000 miles. And of course this could go up if I ride it more. (great hot weather bike). I have toured on this bike and have been in 14 different states on it. It comes with quick release Leatherlyke saddlebags (that do not require brackets). As well as a quick release windshield as well for travel or local.
  Bridgestone Exedra tires (probably half life). Always run Mobil 1 4T synthetic oil. Note: the back rest/rack in the picture has been removed a few years ago and is not included.  Kelly Blue Book lists suggested retail at $4,685. I'm asking $4,000 with all the extras and OEM parts. (over $2,000 in extra parts) This bike is located in lower New York State. It is a very dependable motorcycle that has never given one problem. (other than replacing the original battery come spring last year) It is probably coming due for antifreeze/ brake fluid change. So I would recommend fresh fluids at the next service.

approximately 21,000 miles
leatherlyke saddle bags
barrons big air kit
dynojet PC III
mapam forward controls
mapam rear pegs (match the front)
Chrome side covers
chrome motor inner cover
chrome rear foot peg brackets
Cobra license plate kit
Kawasaki accessory mini driving lights
head light modulator
rear directional running light kit
BrakeAway cruise control (throttle lock)
Kuryakyn ISO grips with stelletto ends
Kyryakyn rear view mirrors
Irate scull/flames radiator guard
And other chrome parts

All removed OEM parts come with the bike. This photo was taken by Kilboy at Deals gap in 2007. But this is pretty much how the bike looks. You can either PM or email me through the forum with questions if interested.

Beautiful bike.

Since mine was the bike I learned on I may never sell it. My Meanie is an 07 but I still keep it and use it for heading out to dinner on a slow day or for when my Harley friends want to ride.

Respect your decision to let her go.....should be a great ride for whomever picks it up.

freebird6 said:
Beautiful bike.

Since mine was the bike I learned on I may never sell it. My Meanie is an 07 but I still keep it and use it for heading out to dinner on a slow day or for when my Harley friends want to ride.

Respect your decision to let her go.....should be a great ride for whomever picks it up.

Thanks Tom,

Yeah I do love the bike. And I've had her for quite a while now. But the truth be told, I haven't been riding (any of the bikes) as much as I use to. An aging body and what seems to be turning into lack of use is the main reason why I put her up for sale. I'm hoping if I only have one motorcycle to ride. I can feel like I'm getting enough use out if it.