• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

For Sale: Corbin 2 piece leather seat **(SOLD)**

darkhyper

Tricycle
Corbin 2 piece plain black leather seat with 2 oval backrests (large/small). Very good condition! (large backrest has slight fading on backside)...$450.00

Thanks
Chris

30kdp54.jpg

***Sorry guys...yes it came off my 2008 Concours14 and should fit newer C14`s as well. I thought putting it under the C14 Emporium was enough but my apologies!***

Looks like C14, but different. Doesn't look like my Corbin.

Axxman said:
Cap'n Bob said:
It looks like a C14 seat to me.
Boy your sharp Cap'n.  The point was to get the OP to add it to the description. :-[

Here's a thought. Maybe actually asking for more information, might have yielded the appropriate answers you were seeking.  ::)

Even though the OP's post didn't actually state it. I personally thought it was fairly obvious that the seat being posted in the C14 Emporium, probably meant it was a C14 seat. But since I felt that some folks might not actually recognize the shape of the seat as being a C14 Corbin seat. I figured that you asking "What bike does it fit??", was an actual inquiry. I didn't realize that when you asked "What bike does it fit??". That it wasn't a question.  Sorry if my actually answering your non-question has annoyed you in some way.  :eek:

Cap'n Bob said:
Axxman said:
Cap'n Bob said:
Boy your sharp Cap'n.  The point was to get the OP to add it to the description. :-[

Here's a thought. Maybe actually asking for more information, might have yielded the appropriate answers you were seeking.  ::)

Even though the OP's post didn't actually state it. I personally thought it was fairly obvious that the seat being posted in the C14 Emporium, probably meant it was a C14 seat. But since I felt that some folks might not actually recognize the shape of the seat as being a C14 Corbin seat. I figured that you asking "What bike does it fit??", was an actual inquiry. I didn't realize that when you asked "What bike does it fit??". That it wasn't a question.  Sorry if my actually answering your non-question has annoyed you in some way.  :eek:

Very well put Cap'n.  ;)

Cap'n Bob said:
Axxman said:
Cap'n Bob said:

Your apology is accepted brutha :beerchug: Just dont let it happen again :p :p

Trouble said:
That seat dont look like a Corbin seat. Looks like it's been covered or something. What's the deal  OP ?

Its a Corbin...I purchased seat new in Jan 09 and have not done anything to it !!!

2q8wlqq.jpg

Trouble said:
That seat dont look like a Corbin seat. Looks like it's been covered or something. What's the deal  OP ?

Corbin's can be purchased with different surface coverings. Having a smoother surface is just one of them. IIRC, you can't have the smooth surface if you want a heated saddle. I think I remember it being that you needed the surface with the stitching if you wanted the heated version. Mine, like probably the majority of the C14 Corbin's had the stitched surface.

Question about the back rest.  Is one a driver's seat back rest and the other one a passengers?  Or are both passenger back rests?  I have not seen a drivers back rest on a C14.

Well, I'm using an el cheapo JC Whitney top case with the flimsy mount it comes with, attached to what appears to be a home-made aluminum plate. 

6982831516_edbfea7460_b.jpg

7128915527_eccb79fefb_b.jpg

When you say it depends on the rack combo, what exactly does it depend on?  Is it a clearance issue, or does the backrest depend on the rack / case for some sort of structural support?

Could be a clearance issue.  It looks like your top case is back a good ways, but it wouldn't hurt to take a couple measurements anyway.

Not following. What am I measuring against?  I haven't any comparison or existing measurements of the Corbin against which I can compare to determine fit.

Sorry but backrests will not work with top case as far as I know. I have the Kawasaki top case and backrests will not fit with that large of a case, maybe a smaller case but it would be close.
By the pic I don`t think it will fit.
Chris