• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Forma Boots

strum said:
After much boot staring at the screen.  I pulled the trigger on the Cape Horns today.
Anyone else use these? They really look like a great boot and after talking to a sales guy on the phone I can tell they are on top of their customer service.

https://www.formabootsusa.com/collections/road-boots/products/forma-cape-horn-motorcycle-boots

I had a pair for a short period of time. My largest grip was the thickness of the toe box. It made for difficult shifting of the bike.
As far as foot protection, I think you will be quite happy.

I am a bit concerned about the toe box issue .  Im hoping its just a simple shift lever adjust. The boots are really praised for ease of walking and little to no breaking time.

Well I tried to adjust the shift lever up to accommodate the toe. The downside, it's that much farther to raise the foot to downshift.

I love my Formas. Can't imagine any other boot feeling as good. I use the ADV https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forma-adventure-boots but I see that they have an ADV tourer https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forma-adv-tourer-boots  now. May have to look at these after I get my ankle replaced and need a new boot to put the straightened out ankle into...

I have not had any problem with the toe box on the ADV. I use the Knight Design lowering pegs and have not adjusted the shift lever at all.

I almost bought the ADV Tourer but I just liked the Cape Horns a little better. The sales guy said the toe boxes are exactly the same as the Adventurer.
I guess ill know in a day er two

strum said:
The boots are really praised for ease of walking and little to no breaking time.

I haven't had these boots, but for most of them comfy walking usually means less protection when riding...  :??:

It says that the optional steel toe cap is included. Optional? Included? Anyway, I would not like a steel toe as riding in the cold would be really cold on the tootsies.

gsun said:
It says that the optional steel toe cap is included. Optional? Included? Anyway, I would not like a steel toe as riding in the cold would be really cold on the tootsies.

This is a toe cap that goes on the outside sole area if your a toe dragger. You can install them or not .Ill not be using them.

For me these will be my first true motorcycle boot so I hope i made a good decision.

I got the boots today. First off I can say the pics online do not do these boots justice at all.
Very very well made the stitching is flawless and the leather looks and feels high quality.
Not nearly as heavy as I thought they would be and thats a good thing.
I put them on and after a few slight adjustments with the straps I was off walking.
I felt no hot spots and truthful i think i can stay in these all day. Very comfortable.
And as far as the fears the toe box is too big. I dont see it. in fact the Justin logging boots I was wearing are thicker. I dont see and issue here at all.
  Of course the test will be in the ride but so far their all I wanted in a boot.

Glad they aren't too big for you. Hopefully once you leave the house and ride with them, that there still good. 
I made the mistake of walking in house for an hour in them, and then next day set out on a 13 state / 5 day trip.
For me, they were too big of a toe box and shifting was a hassle.
Perhaps it's my riding style.

I like to buy good  boots  like  my Gaerne's or my Cruiserworks because  I can replace the soles when they wear out. I am on my 3rd  or 4rth set on my Cruiserworks boots.
Can you replace the soles on those? By looking at them I am pretty sure I already know the answer.

Well I found time to go out for a short ride today . Pulled out of my drive and ... you guessed it .  sailor_chic  you were right. The toe box was a bit tall.
  I  took my wrenches and ended up stopping a couple times playing with the height.
After a those tweaks I have no shifting issues at all and the boots performed great.