• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Forum server migration coming, downtime expected.

DoerOfThings

Former COG IT manager #10111
I dont have a date for the migration set just yet, but just a quick heads up.

I'm currently planning a server migration to move the forum from it's current hosting company to another in the next week or two.
because it's a dynamic site with new content all the time, the only way I'm going to be able to make sure *all* the data is moved is to have to throw the forum in maintenance mode during the actual cutover.

for those interested, I'm planning on retrofitting a 2nd gen rockwell turboencabulator to act as a hybrid data pump to fling the data across the interwebs.    :eek:

http://youtu.be/2fjcJp_Nwvk

ok, seriously there will be an hour or two of downtime for the forum,(plus DNS propagation) and I'll post an update when I have a hard date set.  >:D

DOT, let me know if you need any help testing. I have tools, looking glass sites, other sites etc, that can tell us how the DNS and web hosting services are working. Been there and done these things many times. Never easy and bunch to consider. Good luck! 

I have a glass and can also help. Do I just hope it up.to the screen? or do I do anything else with is? It's a 10x power.

I all seriousness, really cool that people pitch in :great:

Jorge

Ok, so we've finally worked out the details for the forum move.

I'm expecting an hour of down time from 12:30 to 1:30 AM EST Saturday 9/26/2015

during this down time event the forum will NOT be accessible.

I apologize for the downtime, but it's the only way I can guarantee a clean move.

DoerOfThings said:
Ok, so we've finally worked out the details for the forum move.

I'm expecting an hour of down time from 12:30 to 1:30 AM EST Saturday 9/26/2015

during this down time event the forum will NOT be accessible.

I apologize for the downtime, but it's the only way I can guarantee a clean move.

DOT:( according to the Rockwell Turbo Encabulator Version 2 Video )-
Not to worry, we will get back the time on daylight savings time within one year from now.

Thanks for all you do.
DOT is cool  :great: :great: :great:

I understood everything until the 25sec mark  Only glass I have contains adult beverage
DOT a big THANK YOU from the semi luddite (C10 is advanced technology)

Don't forget the scheduled downtime late tonight  / early tomorrow morn.

should be a good time!

:)

OH COME ON!!!!
Those are prime drunk posting hours!!
You are discriminating against the drinker  :nananana:

Camper Dave said:
OH COME ON!!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Camper Dave is cool  :great: :great: :great:

DoerOfThings said:
Don't forget the scheduled downtime late tonight  / early tomorrow morn.

should be a good time!

:)
I'm already set up to send you hundreds of scathing emails automatically for every minute it's down!
:beerchug:

Camper Dave said:
OH COME ON!!!!

I'm running out of people I can discriminate against.
:pokestick: :beerchug:

DoerOfThings said:
Camper Dave said:
OH COME ON!!!!

Ha Ha Ha I don't drink Camper Dave :nananana:
D.O.T. is cool  :great: :great: :great:

DoerOfThings said:
Camper Dave said:
OH COME ON!!!!

You can only discriminate against someone who gives a shit.  :)

ACISROC said:
DoerOfThings said:
Camper Dave said:
OH COME ON!!!!

Ha Ha Ha I don't drink Camper Dave :nananana:
D.O.T. is cool  :great: :great: :great:
Well see how you feel after D.O.T. takes down the forum for a whole HOUR!  :rotflmao:

I did not notice anything, oh wait I was sleeping ;D

Great job D.O.T., now what exactly transcribed here :rotflmao:

D,O,T, is cool  :great: :great: :great:

The posts seem to be saying it worked yesterday when the migration was done today.
What's the fine for causality violations?
Edit:  never mind, it's just showing PST I think.  So a little while ago it was ztill yesterday there.  I think.

Oh Oh I knew it might cause some sort of a time warp....Quick throw Tour1 a rope and bring him back to this side :rotflmao:

Tour1 is cool  :great: :great: :great:

DOT, Folks only tend to comment on systems when they malfunction. I'm posting to say that I think the migration is a success. Thanks and great job!  :beerchug:

4Bikes said:
DOT, Folks only tend to comment on systems when they malfunction. I'm posting to say that I think the migration is a success. Thanks and great job!  :beerchug:

It worked for me, I got time warped to North Carolina D.O.T. is cool  :great:  :great:  :great:

Hey Mike,
I never did ask... the guys on the video... what state does he represent in Congress?