• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Found A-Spec Angels for a GOOD price

Mad River Marc said:
Just ordered a set of A-Spec's for the 14,  got front and rear shipped for  304 total..

www.rockymountainatv.com  first time I used them, will let you know if I have any issues

Hi,
        You won't! ;D

Really nice of you guys finding these tires so cheap.... :(

AFTER, I buy mine!!! :-[

Attachments

• _ngf_510.jpg
    _ngf_510.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 146
In addition to consistently good prices, I have always had exceptional customer service from Rocky Mountain ATV for all my bike and ATV needs.

my dealer wants 490.00 plus tax for A-specs, sounds high, and he said he didn't think pressure sensors were covered under extended warrenty. What do you guys think?

Mcdaddy said:
my dealer wants 490.00 plus tax for A-specs, sounds high, and he said he didn't think pressure sensors were covered under extended warrenty. What do you guys think?
490 installed is probably close to the mark for a dealer shop.
TPMS ARE covered under extended warranty as is almost every other part on the bike besides brake pads.
Matt

You don't "need" an A spec on the front. It will firm up the handling a bit and may well increase tire life.
Matt

KevinRLI said:
My dealer quoted me $635 installed! I got a set from Amazon for $344 to my door. From https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com I just took a look and could have had them for $309! Next time!

Hi,
      So....the dealer is charging like $300 to put the tires on??? :(

I paid $50 to have mine put on after my "HF Tire Changer Adventure", went South!!! ;D

The young Mechanic at the shop had the BIG No-Mar and it was a piece of cake! :great:

Attachments

• 17ebfd0f143df8ec1611646f3bbd8885.jpg
    17ebfd0f143df8ec1611646f3bbd8885.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 103
$635.... Yep! A friend with the No-Mar classic did this set for me. I plan on getting one of the No-Mar changers for myself next time. My son and I will split it. I do 15,000 miles a year and I don't get more than 10,000 from a set of tires so it will pay for itself in about 18 months.

I wore out the front non-A in a bit less than 6000K on the edges, so this next time will be A spec front.

Ordered a set today A-spec from RMATV and I am a Michelin tire guy  :-[ Hope they last longer than the Michelin PR3s that were on my bike when I bought it in June. With original owners mileage at the time which was 259 miles on them I only got 5700 miles out of them total and they are worn slam out completely smooth to the edges and to the wear bars. That was 2 trips of hard riding up and around TWOoS though  :)

roy826 said:
Ordered a set today A-spec from RMATV and I am a Michelin tire guy  :-[ Hope they last longer than the Michelin PR3s that were on my bike when I bought it in June. With original owners mileage at the time which was 259 miles on them I only got 5700 miles out of them total and they are worn slam out completely smooth to the edges and to the wear bars. That was 2 trips of hard riding up and around TWOoS though  :)

Let me go ahead & disappointment you right up front Roy. That is if you hoping for better mileage. The best I ever got out of Angels is 4,500. I bought 2 sets of them just because they were cheap with hopes they would last. Even though I new better. Current set is wore smooth out, 4 days in GA  trying to keep up with you, then 4 days in MO & a day ride at home. 9 days & 3,400 miles & there toast. They stick & handle well, they simply don't last.

I have a set of Road Tec 01's here to try. If they don't last at least 8,000 miles & perform well I'll be back to 3D XM's. They've averaged 7,200 miles over 13 sets.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
roy826 said:

Let me go ahead & disappointment you right up front Roy. That is if you hoping for better mileage. The best I ever got out of Angels is 4,500. I bought 2 sets of them just because they were cheap with hopes they would last. Even though I new better. Current set is wore smooth out, 4 days in GA  trying to keep up with you, then 4 days in MO & a day ride at home. 9 days & 3,400 miles & there toast. They stick & handle well, they simply don't last.

I have a set of Road Tec 01's here to try. If they don't last at least 8,000 miles & perform well I'll be back to 3D XM's. They've averaged 7,200 miles over 13 sets.

Haha I figured someone would tell me they wear quick. I think it’s the nature of the beast, good sticky tire and big heavy bike equal no good tire wear. I’m used to tires evaporating, I’m lucky to get 1 1/2 10 Lap sprint races on Michelin EVO slicks. Ain’t gonna lie I had fun on the Michelins that were on it every one of those miles.  ;D

seagiant1 said:
Hi
      Hmmm.....Is mileage EVERYTHING????? ;D ;D ;D

I guess if you only ride 3,000 - 5,000 miles a year or don't take long trips then mileage isn't a concern. I average 4 sets a year, so mileage matters!

I put about 2k on them so far. I went with the 50 rear as i thought handling and turn in were just fine. I do mostly back roads and once in a while do my 100 mi commute to work via slab. Tires are wearing great so far, rear is barley showing a flat spot