• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Found Windshield for 2005 Concours. Don't know how to delete the msg.

IIRC, the OEM shield is 22" or 22.5" high.  There's an OEM shield in the C10 emporium (this section obviously).

I have a Cee Bailey 22.5" on my 86 (which is good for me) But the 86 has 1" lower bars than all the other C10's. And I also do not have any risers on the bike.  The 23.5" fit great on my 2003. But they discontinued that size. I tried a 25.5" and it was way too high. I think 24.5 would have also been too high. I'm 5'8" with a 29-30" inseam.

Note to add: it looks like someone already sent a PM about that OEM shield. But you can try for second shot at it.

I bought an '04 this past October which came with a tall ClearView windshield.  It really was a nice piece, but the height just didn't work for me - the top edge cut right across my field of vision, so I had to either sit up or hunch down.

I traded it even-up for a stock windshield with another member.  Now we're both happy. 

Hi.

I hope to do the same deal with someone.

A guy told me the windshield on the bike now cost someone $300!  Like you, I hate looking through the curve.

Thanks.

RJS

RJ----I have a Targa 21 and half in.---------------which was too short!------soo I replaced it w/a CeeBailey 25 and half in.-----I paid $100.00 +20 to ship--------------WILL sell for $50+12 to ship-----------ya interested ---am located in Northern Va.-----------only used 3 months!!----------Jrichard---------------jrkfoury@yahoo dot com

RJ,

I would be interested in purchasing the 25.5 Cee bailey if the price is decent once you find a stock or shorter shield.

Jrichard said:
RJ----I have a Targa 21 and half in.---------------which was too short!------soo I replaced it w/a CeeBailey 25 and half in.-----I paid $100.00 +20 to ship--------------WILL sell for $50+12 to ship-----------ya interested ---am located in Northern Va.-----------only used 3 months!!----------Jrichard---------------jrkfoury@yahoo dot com

Hi.

Hope I am using the "quote" feature correctly.

Is 21.5" the height of the OEM windshield?

I am interested in your deal.

Sounds fair.

Just gotta compare what I have to what you have.

Thanks.

RJSutherland

West said:
RJ,

I would be interested in purchasing the 25.5 Cee bailey if the price is decent once you find a stock or shorter shield.

Sounds like a deal.

Lemme mount a smaller one first, please.  Based on past mistakes, I'd probably go without a windshield for months otherwise.
:)

Thanks.

RJSutherland

RJSutherland said:
West said:
RJ,

Sounds like a deal.

Lemme mount a smaller one first, please.  Based on past mistakes, I'd probably go without a windshield for months otherwise.
:)

Thanks.

RJSutherland

No problem, sounds like something I would do as well.  :D

RJ -----I think am NOT 100% sure-----the oem may b 19 and a half???????------------am sure that the sages and gurus of the zg1000  will chime in!---------------=--RJ -----use the e-mail---------