• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Front fender brake line guides upgrade

jerrylking

One of the many annoying things I encounter when working on the Connie is that it is difficult to get the brake-line guides on the front fender to release so that the front fender can be removed so that the front wheel can be removed. I solved this by replacing the OEM guides with NAPA wire retainers that snap into the front fender but can easily be opened to release the brake lines. Photo of the OEM guide and NAPA replacement is attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20231014_163834039.jpg
    IMG_20231014_163834039.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 75
I agree they are annoying and the OEM will eventually break. I have been using these peg board hook retainers for years with no issues. Just bend them backwards around the lines and the stuff the pointed ends into the holes. Problem solved.

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpeg
    IMG_0781.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 39