• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FS: 2008 C14 with lots of farkles $7,000

Jdmitchell

Road Bike
I don't want to do it but I am getting out of the Army and need to liquefy some assets. I have loved this bike since the day I bought it. It has been down one time and I replaced the plastic on the right side bought from members off another forum that had a couple small scratches. My build up thread is here:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5090.msg63156#msg63156

My C14 is not in perfect condition, but it is very nice (subjective of course).

The list of farkles and other things that I have added, all make this a very fast AND comfortable bike.

Full Muzzy's exhaust (single sided from a ZX-14) with carbon can
PCV with AutoTune (works great and I can get 47 mpg on the interstate)
Penske 8983 shock from Traxxion
http://www.traxxion.com/Penske8983DoubleAdjustableShockRemoteReservoir.aspx
K&N air filter
Sargent seat (regular height)
GIVI SR410 rack
Stebel Nautilus air horn
Oxford grip heaters
Murph's risers
A&R 6000K HID's (great headlights)
ZSteve's heat panels
TechMount GPS/phone mount
cut down stock windshield (great for summer)
VStream windshield (great for the other 3 seasons)
GIVI E52 Maxia with integrated brake lights (big enough to fit two helmets and a couple days of clothes)
TechSpec tank grips (snakeskin)
Murph's fender extender

Michelin PR2 tires with 2,000 miles, the front looks new and the rear (190/55) has 70-80% left
Gloss black powdercoated wheels
New EBC brake pads
Just bled and flushed all the brake and clutch fluid with fresh DOT4

The front fender, lower fairings, a portion of the mid fairings, and the panniers have been coated with bedliner. Very durable and looks good also (again, this is subjective). The front fender was shortened in the front by about three inches to mimic the look of a ZX-10 fender but still protect the forks like a C14 fender.

I have changed the oil with Rotella T6 or T every 3-4,000 miles along with a Wix or K&N oil filter
Valve lash was checked twice since I bought the bike and has needed no adjustments either time. I have the shim maps that the dealer made.

DSC02372.jpg

Loaded down for a long trip last month
DSC02363.jpg

2012-02-22_15-07-54_597.jpg

2012-02-22_14-16-18_401.jpg

2012-02-22_14-16-33_783.jpg

IMAG0357.jpg

Switch for the AutoTune
IMAG0349.jpg

Bung and O2 for the AutoTune
2012-07-19_08-18-39_379.jpg

51,000 miles, but it runs perfect

I own the bike free and clear, no waiting on titles or lien releases.

(five seven three)682-7349

Forgot to add that the bike is still under warranty until June of 2013 with option of extending another three years.

Sorry to hear about your selling. You really enjoy that bike! Can't you sell a child or something? :)

gsun said:
Sorry to hear about your selling. You really enjoy that bike! Can't you sell a child or something? :)

One of my kids?  No.  Somebody else's kids?  Sure! 

I also have two good kidneys if anyone is interested.  ;D

nice bike. did u buy it new and when, just was wondering how u can get another 3 years on warrenty.really like the stealth look!

CU said:
nice bike. did u buy it new and when, just was wondering how u can get another 3 years on warrenty.really like the stealth look!

I bought the bike with around 18,000 miles from a dealer when the original owner traded it in for a cruiser.

The bike comes from the dealer with a three year warranty.  My bike has an extra three year warranty through Kawasaki and I can buy another warranty if the next owner would be interested.  Total of nine years with unlimited mileage.  Great deal IMO.

You can look through this thread to get more info on the GTPP.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27046.0.html