• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Garmin Zumo 660

mike_s

I picked up a Zumo 660 to replace a Streetpilot 2720 gps.  I'm wondering if those that use a gps use a bluetooth headset to hear the directions or not.

Matt,

Which headset do you use?  Is it waterproof?  I was leaning toward the Sena 20S, but is is only "water-resistant".

I have the 665 also with the XM, run it through a Sena 20s. Love the Bluetooth! Speakers aren't really loud enough for the highway and suck when you talk on the phone. (Not used much, but nice to have) so I use the Shire SE215 monitors, love em. The rain hasn't bothered mine, and I would think they would cover them under warranty anyway.

Scala rider G9, Speakers are more than loud enough at 3/4 volume at any highway speed  :beerchug:

I have the 20S and do get directions from either my iPhone w/maps, or my Garmin GPS depending on the ride. For longer rides/tours, I use my Garmin to get directions via bluetooth / 20S. When I'm commuting or on a short ride, I'll use my phone to get directions. And the 20S holds up well so far in the Seattle rain, no issues so far. :)

Michael_Seubert_WI said:
Matt,

Which headset do you use?  Is it waterproof?  I was leaning toward the Sena 20S, but is is only "water-resistant".
I have both Scala G9 and G9X. I am about to pull the trigger on a PackTalk set. Upgrading the Cardo speakers is easy also. usually I get about 13+ hours of talking/musinc time on a charge.

Matt