• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gas stations

smooth_operator

Stopped at a big station by my house. been there a bunch of times. Nice new concrete by the pumps. Put my right foot down and slipped! luckily I didn't come close to dumping her or anything but it was a little unnerving. No discoloration on the pavement or anything to indicate a spill.

Just want to remind everyone to always be careful. Maybe this will help avoid a spill for someone someday.

Don't know what the spill was but it sure was slick as hell.  Be safe out there. :great: :motonoises:

probably anti freeze, or window wash soap...
both are slick as snot...

another, and worse place, is a toll booth....
every time I travel the corridor thru W. Va. on that stretch of turnpike, where you stop like 6 times to pay a toll, those areas are like they poured deep fryer fat/grease at the toll booth windows... and most times I go thru there I'm towing my H/F trailer behind the bike, making it difficult to get 'close' to the booth person to pay them...while trying to avoid standing or riding thru the grease pit...insult to injury, they actually charge you for that silly trailer behind the bike, just like you were driving a full sized truck with a camper... bastiches...

When I had my Trophy 900, I was doing a day trip down south to meet my family at the lodge. I stopped at a coffee shop to refuel myself. As I pulled in, I spotted newly re-painted parking lot. Usually new coating has relatively good traction. What I failed to see was A/C condensation puddle from previous vehicle. Water mixed with new coating made surface slick enough for my foot to slip. I didn't drop the bike, fortunately. However, I tore my right biceps and had a large hematoma formed below it.
Since that incident I am very cautious when I see newly resurfaced parking lots.

Cheers...