• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

GCE aranging a Rolling Ralley in Europe next year

Ted - I should have stuck with you guys. Jet lag killed me - took me 6-7 hours driving home from Atlanta airport the other day:-/ Now I'm in Poland and geez almighty I should have just stayed over here in the first place. So many flights! Over airport security too - today was a bear in Frankfurt.

The GCE rally will forever be the coolest thing I've ever done. Totally worth it and Mika is 'the man' for squeezing everything out of a group he could! Wow forever. I still can't believe the pics and the video editing ahead of me. Also wondering if I'll ever see the pics of me ATTGATT in the lake or the video of us going through the market. Hope so on both fronts but I've only seen my own pics so far.

I've certainly enjoyed being a lone rider - and have had all kinds of good and bad luck on bike trips - but learning to play well with others is good for me. I know I have a lot of learning left to do. The group was so diverse and everyone interesting in their own way. Too cool. Birds of a feather but as different as it gets. I dunno - just still happy as ever about the trip. The roads, the curves, the hospitality, the comaradarie, the food - I was blown away.

I'm so lucky to be a rider  :motonoises:  :beerchug: thanks again for having me and especially Ted for twisting my arm and wallet. Totally worth it :great:

Bummer. Security in Frankfurt was a breeze last week.
Guess they ramped it up fro folks arriving.

If your in Frankfurt, contact Bernd and tell him I sed hello.
NOTE: I didn't have ta twist yer arm, just held the carrot in front of the Donkey....  ;)
          The rest is HISTORY!!

All, there will be another great ride in Europe next year.
Hosted again by GCE. Arranged by Hans and Mika.
Finland to the North Cap of Norway. (and back)

If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll hook you up with  Hans/Mika.

Ride safe, Ted

Been home almost 2 weeks from the greatest adventure ever!! Still looking at pictures and starting to see some from others from the Rally group!! Time to post some pictures and videos if you have any you would like to share! Next post from me will be some pictures that I took. Starting to come back to earth....but ready to plan next trip! 

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

connie_rider said:
hint, hint,,,,,,,,,

Finland to the North Cap of Norway....

beware of the mosquitos - there are billions of them on one cubic yard of air...
don't forget insect protections...

Hi Ralf.
I've been wondering when we would hear from you.

Are you back to work?
More important: Are you back to riding??

Ride safe, Ted

Been exactly a month since Attila and I arrived back in the good old U.S.A. from our epic trip in the Alps!! Still thinking about and looking at pictures from the trip! If you have not gone and have a chance to go....all I can say is GOOOOOOOO!! If you have gone and have a chance to go again all I can say is GOOOOOOOOOO!

Well it has been 99 days since the start of this great Rally on July 15th! Hard to believe! It was an awesome trip with a lot of great people that we met! Many for the first time! look forward to riding with them all again! Happy Halloween All!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Now 111 days since the start of the great Alps tour!! Just checked the weather in Livigno in the next few days! Getting very cold!! Sure was fun when we were all out there!

Enjoy the holidays!  :motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Happy Thanksgiving to all the fun people that were on the Alps ride! Have a great holiday....ok...it has been 130 days since the Alps tour....Seems like yesterday!

Friends, you know about my health issue, so that was the reason why i can't be at the Rallye, and the OtP travel.

Now, all is good, and it is allowed again for me to ride my Motorcycle.
The next years GCE-Rallye goes to Norway/North Cape, but i cannot participe because i have not enough vacation time from my job.

But i will support the OtP tour to the GTR/Concours Meeting in Kiefersfelden/Germany close to the Border to austria, and the nice small town Kufstein.
We will ride the Großglockner High Alpine Road once more again, and i hope for good weather conditions.

on the way to the Meeting, we (Maybe) will visit the King Ludwigs Castles Neuschwanstein, like the OtP-Tour 2015 did it.
th plannings will start soon.

Merry Christmas and glad to hear you are well enough to ride :great: - and work:-/

OTP is awesome and thanks for all you have done. The Alps tour was a highlight of my life for sure. Let' ride in 2017  :great:

For those that are new to this discussion. I posted the discussion and asked for other to go with me.
8 of us 'mericans went to Europe and rode with our Sister Club (GCE) for their Rolling Rally.
{ie; 10 days of riding in the Alps!!}
https://sites.google.com/site/gcerally2016/

DO look at the presentation Video!!!!
https://sites.google.com/site/gcerally2016/home/event-presentation-video

For those that didn't make it,,, watch it and weep....
Bukuz,,, we had a blast!!!!  :nananana: :nananana:

In 2017 GCE has another Rolling Rally PLANNED; from Helsinki to the North Cape.
I considered trying to arrange 'merican participation again, but it is limited to only 9 riders and already full.

To the 'merican team/2016,,,  Don't worry, I'm watching for another ride for us to go to!!!  >:D

The GTR Club is also doing a Rally in 2017. Will be in Kiefersfelden/Germany .. (don't know exact date)
I think that part of the 2017 "OtP" Traveler's ride will be to that event.
If so, maybe they will ride Großglockner High Alpine Road
{If all that happens/maybe; Ralf will be there to guide the OtP Traveler thru Großglockner High Alpine Road.

"Whomever that person is and if my guess is right???",,, brace yourself (you lucky S_B).
      Ralf is a great guide as he lives there,,,, and that area will "really" test your skills!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
The GTR Club is also doing a Rally in 2017. Will be in Kiefersfelden/Germany .. (don't know exact date)

The exact Date is: June, 7th - 11th

https://www.facebook.com/events/279928625731613/

Download event leaflet:
https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Einladung%20GTR-Treffen%2017.pdf?token=AWwIf911Dofwjr1KkDa_o8gPvZx0MdMMoh_B3-LFc6SCGQnhMVvoSwsH9-QIQOYJtULGk19oRFD2wLewg6FNR7EpOUhI-6e3YTzneBrORQa-iOl9jhtpqABfgfFSDqtOrm2rlfnor2vvOIRYTSnn9o0puXZCams2R1f860BNXmSurQ

connie_rider said:
I think that part of the 2017 "OtP" Traveler's ride will be to that event.
If so, maybe they will ride Großglockner High Alpine Road
{If all that happens/maybe; Ralf will be there to guide the OtP Traveler thru Großglockner High Alpine Road.

"Whomever that person is and if my guess is right???",,, brace yourself (you lucky S_B).
      Ralf is a great guide as he lives there,,,, and that area will "really" test your skills!

Ride safe, Ted

uuuh, i think i must slow down my riding speed if i guide alpine newbies like Ted & Al...  :051bye:

connie_rider said:
Already 99 days? Wow, seems like yesterday.

Ride safe, Ted

Ps;  Boo!!

Well it is now been 199 days since the start of our great adventure last year in the Alps! Will not be able to do the Helsinki run but looking forward to the next ride planned out in Europe!

Cannot believe it's been about a year to the day that I signed up on one of the last days to participate on that great adventure! I think about that trip just about everyday! If you want to go on an adventure anywhere plan it and do it!

Rusty, are you gonna be at the National?
I know it's not Yurup',,, but I may actually get to ride with you this time...

By the way, Hans and Gretcherin will be in the USofA in March, Bernd and Anette in August.

Ride safe, Ted

May get a group together from Southern California and go to the National......It would be great to ride with you! Thinking about doing the COG ride in May with Phil and a bunch of other great riders also in the Southeast! Lastly, working on a ride in July/August time period to go to Glacier Natl Park and head up to Banff , Lake Louise, Jasper Natl Park and through the Canadian Rockies! Doubt we can do them all but it is fun to map them out! Ride safe!

Rusty said:
May get a group together from Southern California and go to the National......It would be great to ride with you! Thinking about doing the COG ride in May with Phil and a bunch of other great riders also in the Southeast! Lastly, working on a ride in July/August time period to go to Glacier Natl Park and head up to Banff , Lake Louise, Jasper Natl Park and through the Canadian Rockies! Doubt we can do them all but it is fun to map them out! Ride safe!

Did you say Southeast? You know you have a garage and crash pad in Knoxville anytime  :beerchug: We can ride and/or do any maintenance you need to. Send anything my way that you don't want to pack, etc. The Smokies don't suck at all. Blue Ridge Pkwy is a dream. Riding the Dragon and Cherahala Pkwy is a great day trip to and from my house. :motonoises:

Or we can just go back to the butcher shop in France - man was that some yummy stuff!

Great picture...that man was so cool....Took care of us big time! If we make our way out there for that rally which you should be doing too! We will come by and visit for sure!

The rally looks like it rides all the great roads out there and like our Alps trip will be like a rolling rally. I think we will be staying in 3 cities/towns over 7-9 days. Attila and I would be renting again. I believe the rally will start in Helen. I know Steve and Rob from Alps trip are going. We are maybe's right now. Wish you well!

Rusty - is the info on the May rolling rally up somewhere? You still coming east? Looks like I might be able to join the fun. Forward me a link please?!

I plan to head west June - Sep for various reasons. Will be trailering our little mini camper with three bikes in it and my better half. Maybe catch you and Attilla at one of the parks or rallies out there?! If we have a plan we can start dangling carrots in front of the others. Alps tour reunion?!

:beerchug:

It's all I think about when I want to pass a car or split a lane or just enjoy myself on a bike without fear of being run off the road or getting shot in the back. LET'S GO

Ted, I think you NEED to go back after getting your certificate of achievement for surviving that LT. You could probably ride a 500lb bike one handed through there after that!  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Maybe I should pay that ticket in Switzerland before going back there  :-X :-[ :truce:

You could probably ride a 500lb bike one handed through there after that!

I "was" riding 1 handed.  :great:        Weren't you?  :-[

Keeping 2 hands on the handlebar's (in the Alps) is fer sissies..  :nananana:

But, I was referring to a Alps tour reunion,, at this years National...
Let's get together and tell folks about the ride... (ie; Brag loudly)

Ride safe, Ted

Oh 10-4

Guess I'm just dreaming  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

The National is on my radar but i have requests in to vend and make omelets at other events the weekends before and after.... tough call. Trying to raise a boatload for PBTF in the mornings and a lil steak and mortgage money for myself after that each weekend on the road this summer  :beerchug:

Alps ride after that/before RWTW would be a dream. That road in Czeck Republic also beckons and Ewa has biker friends there. Hmmmnnnnn

Fais said:
Rusty - is the info on the May rolling rally up somewhere? You still coming east? Looks like I might be able to join the fun. Forward me a link please?!

I plan to head west June - Sep for various reasons. Will be trailering our little mini camper with three bikes in it and my better half. Maybe catch you and Attilla at one of the parks or rallies out there?! If we have a plan we can start dangling carrots in front of the others. Alps tour reunion?!

:beerchug:
Fais, Is it this one?
2017 Return with a Vengeance<---click

Apparently its a closed group.  Have to join the "Kawasaki Concours 14 / 1400GTR Enthusiasts" group to see the page and its comments.  Put the part between the quotes in your Facebook search bar and look for it..Its a pretty good group. :great:

No.  Its a US based group.  The group facebook page is pretty active.  I sent you and Fais a pdf copy of the page I had linked  :great:

As far as the GCE...Got a ride in Northern Germany coming up this weekend...Tour de Twist 2017. 

It has been exactly one year since this awesome Alps tour started! I had so much fun on this Rally that I plan to go again in 2018 with Attila and many others!