• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

GCE aranging a Rolling Ralley in Europe next year

Rusty said:

I plan on bringing my helmet, gloves, riding pants, jacket, and boots. Probably wear the motorcycle clothes and boots on the plane flight.

:motonoises:    :motonoises:    :great:

Valid US Passport + MotoGear = Will travel!!!  :great:

And here I am hoping I can make it to Helen in a few weeks...

Ride safe, this sounds like an awesome trip-

I've been noting/skype-ing with Mika, Uli, and Bernd.
Their busy planning the ride to and from the Rally.
From what they say, the "goto" and "getfrom" are gonna be a blast!
The Rally itself will be the "icing",,,,

NOTE: They gave me some route details when we talked.
          (I can't pronounce names of the places. Have no clue where they are!!!)
          But,, who cares!!!  :great:

They told me a little about NEXT YEAR's GCE RALLY,,  It is well into the planning stages.  {hint, hint}  >:D

Ride safe, Ted

Hi Ted,

I have been watching this thread and drooling about this trip. But not this year, if they have another next year is there someplace to check, I would like to go!

Thanx,
Cdawg

Rusty said:
I plan on bringing my helmet, gloves, riding pants, jacket, and boots. Probably wear the motorcycle clothes and boots on the plane flight.

Russ - couple of things to consider before deciding to wear your gear on the plane.

Have you seen all the stories on TSA problems and delays at airports, and the warning from the head of TSA that it will get worse this summer? When you come tromping up to the security line in your gear, you will be singled out for additional pat down. Plus you have to take your boots off and put them on the conveyer belt. And don't forget that standing in those long lines can lead to overheating - you could be a dripping, stinky mess by the time you get to the front of the line.

You're down in SoCal, right? IIRC, that's like a seventeen hour flight (non-stop). I don't know what type of gear you have, but I wouldn't want to be jammed into narrow, cramped coach seats in riding pants with hip and knee armor for that long. Lets not even think about no foot space with big riding boots.

And speaking of boots - my feet swell on those long flights, so I always wear a pair of slip-ons that are a half or full size larger than I would normally wear.

Instead of one big checked bag, which can easily exceed the weight limit, use two smaller bags and split your gear between them. If one gets lost, you'd at least have some of your gear. A medium roller bag and second bag that can be attached to the handle when it's pulled up works really well.

Last year I was allowed 1 checked bag (50 lbs), and 1 carry on.
A second check in bag cost XXX dollars.

Being a tightwad, and not wanting to carry or wear the gear, I loaded everything in one bag.
All was fine.

Did the same of the wife.  She got there, bag didn't.

CDawg, I'll try to find out info about next years Rally..
I was putting out a teaser.. <evil grin>

Bernd said he was the first to put on this particular Rally on.
I'm not sure it is a GCE Rally.
I think he said that next year it's up the coast of Norway.

Ride safe, Ted

To both Jim's I tend to agree with you both and may reconsider my thoughts on flying with gear on. My idea was to strip off the riding pants, boots, and of course Jacket while flying. Have slip-ons for the feet and of course comfortable pants under the riding pants  I was going to wear.....Other than the gear i am traveling very light.....so the two bags may be the way to go.....one checked and one carry on and just pack the gear...Thinking backpack also.

Anyway thank you for the tips! Keep them coming! Never embarked on a ride like this before and sure looking forward to it!!

Ted ....next year the coast of Norway???? Ohhhh Nooooo I have always wanted to go there too!  CDawg get ready!!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:    :beerchug:

Good luck trying to stuff your riding gear in the overhead bins on an overseas flight, Rusty.

And don't forget some sort of rain gear - you never know what might happen in the mountains. I have a set of Tourmaster coated nylon jacket and overpants. It packs down about the size of a standard Webster's Collegiate dictionary. I used it on one trip when we had heavy cold rain, and Dave Owen used it on his OtP trip when we got up in the mountains and he only had light weight riding gear. He was on Anette's unfaired Yamaha and was freezing. The rain gear made the perfect windbreaker and he was never so happy.

Last year I took riding pants, mesh jacket, and a nylon Rain Suit that fit over the jacket.
  When needed I layered up with long sleeved T shirts.
The guys (Mike/Ule/Hans/others) that rode in from up north (Finland/Sweeden/etc) wore the heavier gear they commonly use.

Last year Europe had a heat wave. (Some days got to 90+* F)
  I was comfortable and occasionally a bit cold.
  They cooked!

I think Europe is expecting another hot summer.
Will know soon. Bernd reported 40* in Frankfurt yesterday..

Ted

CDawg1506 said:
Hi Ted,

I have been watching this thread and drooling about this trip. But not this year, if they have another next year is there someplace to check, I would like to go!

Thanx,
Cdawg

<Evil Grin> Guess what I found!!  :rotflmao:

I highly suggest you look at the Event Video!!
The Event;
https://sites.google.com/site/gcearcticadventure/home

The video:
https://sites.google.com/site/gcearcticadventure/home/event-presentation-video

Ride safe, Ted

I don't think I'm in.  :16:
    I promised to take the wife on a cruise next year, as she let me go to this years Rally.  :truce:

Being a man of my word ,,,  I've already started arranging the cruise...  O:)

But, I forgot to mention one "tiny" little thing to my wife.  :-[

The Cruise just "happens" to begin and "end"at the exact spot that the 2017 GCE Rally starts...    :dance: :dance: 

OOps,,,,,,,,  :-[

PS: Watch the event video and you'll see the Cruise Ship....  :72:

Ride safe, Ted

Strange how that worked out  :eek:  Hope that kind of luck works for me.  :)  The commute up there would be about 2500 km from here...Not sure I could convince Grace to make that trip...

PATRICK

Not sure we'll be able to do the cruise.
Have to figure out how to pay for it first.

Just posted the info so others would be aware of what is being planned by GCE for next year.
(And to let ya'll  get a peek at how my sneaky mind works)  :rotflmao: 
Justwonderin' --  if some of you have wife's that would want to cruise with my wife,,,,  while we ride Norway,,, hmmmmm  >:D

But, more importantly,,, I'm currently getting ready for the upcoming National, the OtP Ride, and then the Rolling Rally.
Yahoooooooooooo.........

Ride safe, Ted

I don't know if a guy from Phoenix belongs above the arctic circle! The video is awsome, just have find out what the temps will be at that time. The coldest that I ever have to ride in is freezing 32 F

Have fun on the Rolling Ralley!
Cdawg

Something to look forward too.....

139Stilfser.jpg

46298_107632199301384_6656550_n.jpg

:-\Europe Travel Alert.  :-\

Thought I would pass on a little information....The state department just issued a travel alert for Europe that lasts until the end of August.  Mentions the usual plus warns about new (terrorist's) plans to attack beaches, etc. 

I'm sure we will be relatively safe tucked away from the usual touristy areas/crowds.... :eek:

{Everyone that signed up}, check your mail. 
        We received this from Mika today.

ie; We need to send final payment for our rooms at Hotel Prince de Galles in the French Riviera!!

Made me realize,,,, I'm "Were" going to be in the French Rivera!!  :wee_hee:

Ride safe, Ted

You know,,,,,  I wouldn't embarrass nobody.

hmmmm, Visualize this,,,,    ;)

A Texan,
      strolling down the beach,
                in a thong, 
                            with Cowboy boots...
                                              yee haaawww  :-\

Ride safe, Ted  :rotflmao:

connie_rider said:

A Texan,
                in a thong, 
                            with Cowboy boots...

Nope.  I ain't gonna.... :-\

connie_rider said:

A Texan,
                in a thong, 
                            with Cowboy boots...
I can get behind that
woman-wearing-old-west-gun-and-holster-in-red-panties-and-red-cowboy-CFKGEP.jpg

millerized said:
connie_rider said:

A Texan,
                in a thong, 
                            with Cowboy boots...
I can get behind that
woman-wearing-old-west-gun-and-holster-in-red-panties-and-red-cowboy-CFKGEP.jpg

Ted?  :rotflmao:

Who would the ladies like to see in a thong - Ted? Or Technoviking?  :)

Attachments

• Techno-Ted.JPG
    Techno-Ted.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 100
connie_rider said:
{Everyone that signed up}, check your mail. 
        We received this from Mika today.

ie; We need to send final payment for our rooms at Hotel Prince de Galles in the French Riviera!!

...Ride safe, Ted

Done...taken care of...Thanks Ted! :beerchug:

Oh my goodness!! 40 days to go! Almost a month away from traveling out of the states to our first stop in Budapest before joining the Rally!

So should I talk to my insurance company about travel insurance in Europe? I am renting a bike with full insurance included. Is that not enough? Just asking....

I am like Ted, ticking down the minutes till travel time! it is going to great!!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

I don't believe normal bike insurance will pay for a medevac etc.  It's really a good idea to get the extra coverage.

Rusty said:
Oh my goodness!! 40 days to go! Almost a month away from traveling out of the states to our first stop in Budapest before joining the Rally!

So should I talk to my insurance company about travel insurance in Europe? I am renting a bike with full insurance included. Is that not enough? Just asking....

I am like Ted, ticking down the minutes till travel time! it is going to great!!

I picked up $2,000 travel insurance and $500,000 medical for $150 from AAA. Also got an Int'l driver license at the same time.

Bike insurance came from the rental company and I'm covered on a lot of things with my United card and gold status or I would recommend upping the travel insurance. I would have preferred to pay for my hotels via United card - but alas - PayPal has been Mika's friend. All good. He saved me a ton of trouble by planning everything.

This is a dream! Can't wait-)

Travel and medical insurance is a good idea. It's fairly cheap for what it covers.

Travel ins will cover things that happen during the trip - flight cancellations, lost luggage above the minimum the airline will cover, lodging issues, etc. Medical covers emergency, hospital, transport...

If you got your flight booked through a travel agency, talk to them. If you did it yourself online, go back and verify your ticket status and usually somewhere on that page will be an offer to buy insurance. Don't talk to your home/bike/whatever insurance provider - they are not as experienced in providing coverage out of country.

You can also price shop by searching flight/travel insurance online.

IIRC, I paid about $100 for insurance the first time I went over. The last time I didn't get it, and could have used it when I broke the bike in Slovakia and needed to get it back to Germany.  :rotflmao:

Fais - remember, that Int'l License is not a license, it is only a translation of your US state license, so don't leave it at home.

Rusty, the basic Travel Insurance covers missed flights, lost bags, etc.
The better package; Covers transportation of you bike if it breaks down or is damaged.
                                Covers transportation of you to the Hospital if needed, which
                                    can be VERY expensive if your in the Alps.
                              Covers Medical costs.

NOTE: As I understand, while in Europe, your existing insurance will not pay.
        So, (assuming they would treat you without insurance) you would have to pay yourself and then try to get reimbursed.
        The Travelers Insurance, covers medical Expenses so it's not cash out of pocket, and your first in line.

Last year I bought the cheap insurance that covered only baggage etc...  ($40)
        I was not aware it did not cover medical etc..
This year I discovered my error, so I went to triple A and talked to them. They explained everything.
      The talk cleared up my confusion, and saved me a $$. (as I thought I needed a more expensive coverage)
      (ie)  He explained we needed only enough Insurancers to cover what we would loose if the trip was cancelled,
              not cover the total cost of the trip.

The coverage I elected was $150.
The next step down ($135) would have been adequate, but that extra $15 gave me a lot more coverage..

I bought the Allianz Insurance while at Triple A, and I had the insurance in hand in less than an hour.
  (Can be easily bought online, but I liked the information that Triple A gave me)

Hope this helps.
Ride safe, Ted

PS: Jim Mentioned License. (Great timing Jim!)
      This morning we all received a note from Mika, asking us to send him License information.
        (I need to re read his note.)
      Based on Jim's note, I assume we should send information on our International License "and" our US license?

Ted - you need to provide your info from your state issued ID, eg. Drivers License. This is the only document you have that shows you are legally allowed to drive. The so called International Drivers License IS NOT a license to drive, it is only a piece of paper that translates your info from your Texas license into a few other languages. IT IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT!

I'm surprised the hotels (probably what Mika is looking for) don't ask for passport info, that's what I've experienced.

But, IIRC you have to have that piece of paper (International Driver's Permit) in Germany and Italy.  I don't think France requires it.

Mika was sharing and asking for phone numbers - not passport or DL #s

Try not to worry this to death guys - we all seem to be doing well on the prep -)

AmphibSailor said:
But, IIRC you have to have that piece of paper (International Driver's Permit) in Germany and Italy.  I don't think France requires it.

I don't recall Germany and Italy requiring it, because it is not an official document. The German Polizei probably won't care as a lot of Germans read and speak English. The Italian Polizia, ehh, not so much. So you'll probably be on the side of the road for awhile waiting for backup who speaks English.

The French Police, well, good luck with that. The French don't much care for people who don't speak their language, and dancing from foot to foot on the side of the road while holding your crotch, saying "wee wee," doesn't count.  :D

Fais - a lot of guys have never done anything like this before. The more info they have, the better they'll feel.

Ted was there last year! Some of these guys are already there! We have a thousand emails where we know we all have our t's crossed and I's dotted-)

No lack of info or preparedness and I'm not against too much vs too little.

Prepare, prepare, prepare - but don't worry be happy 😊🙃

JPavlis_CA said:
AmphibSailor said:

I don't recall Germany and Italy requiring it, because it is not an official document. The German Polizei probably won't care as a lot of Germans read and speak English. The Italian Polizia, ehh, not so much. So you'll probably be on the side of the road for awhile waiting for backup who speaks English.

The French Police, well, good luck with that. The French don't much care for people who don't speak their language, and dancing from foot to foot on the side of the road while holding your crotch, saying "wee wee," doesn't count.  :D

Fais - a lot of guys have never done anything like this before. The more info they have, the better they'll feel.

German law

No Italian reciprocity

French embassy note

Draw your own conclusion...but to me it looks like all 3 require a translation. I agree with Fais about preparation but won't belabour the point.

Fais sed; Mika was sharing and asking for phone numbers - not passport or DL #s

Fias is correct. I misread the note from Mika...

But,, "do" bring your International Drivers permit with you...
        And,,,  Travelers Insurance was a suggestion only..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: don't worry be happy  ;)

Big milestone day today!! Attila and I leave for the Rally one month from today!! Rally starts in 36 days!! WooHoo!! Going by AAA today and check on the additional Traveler's Insurance and still need two or 3 pair of quick drying comfortable socks to pack otherwise ready to go!!

Any ideas on the socks? Have a great day!!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:  :beerchug:

I use compression socks, keeps the legs invigorated and helps with circulation.  If you do not use compression socks I would recommend a lower mmHg...LOL

Wash in sink dry in 1.5 - 2 hours.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKQBERS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is some compression Info.

8-15mmHg: Very light compression. Can provide relief from tired aching legs, possibly help control minor swelling. Most people say the stockings simply feel good.
•15-20mmHg: Great for travel, standing or sitting for long periods of time. Relief from minor swelling and varicose veins, often recommended during pregnancy.
•20-30mmHg: The most frequently prescribed compression level. These are also good for venous thrombosis prevention during extended travel. Relief from moderate to severe varicose veins and swelling, edema, lymphedema, venous insufficiency, superficial thrombophlebitis. Often prescribed post-sclerotherapy and to prevent venous stasis ulcers.
•30-40mmHg: Relief from severe varicose veins and swelling, edema, lymphedema, or following an episode of deep venous thrombosis. For severe chronic venous insufficiency or post-thrombotic syndrome (PTS) which may result in: edema and skin changes such as: hyperpigmentation, stasis dermatitis, lipodermatosclerosis, or venous stasis ulcers. These should be worn under doctors’ supervision.
•40-50mmHg: Extra firm compression and therefore should only be worn when recommended by your treating physician or other health care provider. For severe chronic venous insufficiency or post-thrombotic syndrome (PTS) which may result in: edema and skin changes such as: hyperpigmentation, stasis dermatitis, lipodermatosclerosis, or venous stasis ulcers. These should be worn under a doctor's supervision.

Thank you for the information Chris!  Probably go for the 8-15 or 15-20mmHg socks. So they dry pretty quickly that's good. As long as they dry overnight I am good!

Amazon is a great place to buy stuff!

Rusty at the end of a long day you will be amazed at how good your legs feel, I would recommend the 15-20 so that you will notice a difference the 8-15 is almost like wearing a normal sock just a size smaller maybe.  Just my opinion of course.  And no matter which one you go with they will be dry in the morning as long as you ring them out good.  I usually run with 4 pairs of socks, shirts and shorts only for riding and just in case.

Thank you Chris, I will probably pick up some socks very soon because we are at 4 weeks exactly before Attila and I fly to get ready for the Rolling Rally!!

Getting really close now!!  WooHoo!!

Are you guys coming into Frankfurt with Ted?  I'm going to try and get off to come and meet up with you all at the airport.

I land in Milan and do a loop from Livignio back to Milan with you guys. From there I ride to Poland so I might ride north with some of the Germany crew.

Ewa's brother is getting married Aug 6th in Lomza, Poland

Fais said:
I land in Milan and do a loop from Livignio back to Milan with you guys. From there I ride to Poland so I might ride north with some of the Germany crew.

Ewa's brother is getting married Aug 6th in Lomza, Poland
My Mother and Wife just got back from a 10 day trip to Poland and just loved it!! I really like your Loop on the rally!
ChrisD said:
Are you guys coming into Frankfurt with Ted?  I'm going to try and get off to come and meet up with you all at the airport.
Attila and I are traveling to Budapest first and then taking the train back to Landshut, Germany on July 13th. to pick up our motorcycles! Our plan is to hopefully ride with Rob from Vancouver and maybe Patrick from Germany to southern Bavaria that day and meet up with most of the rally team on the 14th. and ride with them into Livigno! You are more than welcome to join us!

Going to be wunderbar!!

Close enough!! One month to go till we start the Rolling Rally!! WOW!! Cannot believe it!! Woohoo!!!

;D Yup...I count 27 days.  I'm getting anxious ... still doing last minute preparatory maintenance...like adding a rack to the top case for additional capacity, early oil change, etc. 

Bump Up!! 28 days to go to the Rally Starts!! We are 22 days away from our start!!

Woo Hoo....Should we do the SpotWalla in our group? Be fun for others and ourselves as we ride around the Alps!!

! - dangit guys - ! - I am trying to focus on Helen here - ! - one rally at a time please - !  :)

Can't wait to meet and ride with you guys and gals - really excited STILL and AGAIN - I know Ive said it already  ;D ;D ;D

:beerchug:

Enjoy yourself Mr. Fais!! Wish I was out in Helen but I will see you in the Alps!! Have a great time at the National!! Say Hi to Ted!and the nice lady from Germany traveling the states!

Which of you from the GCE Rally Team,,, will be in Helen?
Lets a do a pre/Alp's photo...

I'll arrive Helen tomorrow.

Ride safe, Ted

Mika Pitkanen just emailed and said, " ...the routes for the Rolling Rally are ready on the rally site for you to upload.
GPS routes are made for Garmin devices with Garmin BaseCamp-program (please note the version used; the program and the map).
There is also a Google Maps versions available for those who want to print out the routes."  :motonoises:

3 Weeks to the start of the Rally!! We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow!! Like to get some socks and maybe a new rain suit......Will try a practice pack tomorrow!

Wish all travelers well!

A Big WooHoo!!  :motonoises:  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Woo Hoo!! We leave in 9 days to start our trip!! As the countdown continues!!

Has anyone downloaded the maps on their GPS yet for each day?

See you all there!!    :motonoises:  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Rusty said:

Looking forward to meeting you guys....Still planning on the same itinerary? Ending up at the Disney castle {Neuschwanstein Castle} on the 13th, then heading south on the 14th?

AmphibSailor said:
Rusty said:

Looking forward to meeting you guys....Still planning on the same itinerary? Ending up at the Disney castle {Neuschwanstein Castle} on the 13th, then heading south on the 14th?
We will likely not get all the way down to the castle on Wednesday. We may go by there and even visit on Thursday morning and then later in the day meet up with a group to head to Livigno! Are you staying with us on Wednesday?

2 weeks till the rally starts!!  Big Bump!! We leave in 7 days!! Woo Hoo!!

I'd like to meet up and ride down with the group...just trying to figure out the best place.  Any idea where you guys are staying on the night of the 13th?  I'm only a couple of hours away from the castle and so it won't be much of a problem...just need a target to head to.. :beerchug:

Patrick after we pick up our bikes in Landshut our plan is to ride and stay in Wolfratschausen Wednesday night July 13th. Rob may have room for another person in his room if you are interested.  We are one week away from our flight out!! I will have everything packed and ready to go by Wednesday next week! Look forward to meeting you!

AmphibSailor said:
I'd like to meet up and ride down with the group...just trying to figure out the best place.  Any idea where you guys are staying on the night of the 13th?  I'm only a couple of hours away from the castle and so it won't be much of a problem...just need a target to head to.. :beerchug:

Got home last night from the national.
Looked at this post just now,,,, and realized it's already the 3rd!
(I thought it was the 1st)

ARGHhhhhhhhhh,,
Have to unpack today and start repacking (much lighter) tomorrow...
Hauling a bunch of stuff over for Anette too.

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ride safe, Ted

I'm in NYC. It is a 730 mile ride to Knoxville (home) and then I have plenty of work to do (?!?) and then I'm supposed to be ready to catch a flight from Atlanta on the 12th?! Oh man - I am cutting it all a bit close(!)

Fingers crossed - all I need is  . . . . . for the rental bike to have . . . . . GOOD TIRES! Then, after I see good rubber on the rims, will I totally be in the Euro-Zone :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Almost forgot.
Part of the ritual.....

"All" of the (GCE Rally) newbies that go to Eu with GCE,,, "must" taste Hans Surstrømming    >:D

https://youtu.be/Bc9BLkEaXRs      :rotflmao:

Luckily, I've already had my taste.  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Almost forgot.
Part of the ritual.....

"All" of the newbies that go to Eu with GCE,,, "must" taste Hans Surstrømming    >:D

Ride safe, Ted

InstaPUKE.....no thank you...LOL

"I" and all the Americans I've seen eat it the OtP sessions have kept it down.
Had a few close calls,,, but no one has failed so far.

Fais,,, your next!!!!

Ride safe, Ted

ChrisD said:
That's why Hans always opens it underwater - it's not the taste, it's the smell. But hey, if ya like pickled herring... go for it.  :)

Once was enough for me.

Keeeeeeeerection; He opens it underwater so the pressurized can doesn't spray the stuff all over when he initially opens the can.
In Holland last year, (even underwater) it sprayed out into the parking lot!

Unfortunately; The gas (from the fermented fish) still bubbles out and smells just as bad.  ;)

NOTE: In the video's,,, look for the deformed can or listen for the escaping gas...
          Hans sez; The more the can is deformed, the better the batch. <grin>

Fias, your gonna love it!!! I'll cheer for ya!

Ride safe, Ted

ChrisD said:
connie_rider said:
Almost forgot.
Part of the ritual.....

"All" of the newbies that go to Eu with GCE,,, "must" taste Hans Surstrømming    >:D

Ride safe, Ted

The wife just watched this and laughed until she had tears in her eyes. I tried to explain the smell to her but that is not humanly possible. Think of the worst rotten gut pile you ever smelled. Now mix that with some fresh cow sh**, and some tuna fish that has been left in the sun for 3 days. Then add some vomit and you're almost there. 

There is no way I am going to eat any pickled herring!! I have had it a couple of times and I act just like the man on the video!  No way I am messing up our trip by trying any of that!

BTW Attila and I leave in 6 days!!  Rode close to 400 miles today in the Palomar Mt. area of Southern California! It was a fantastic day!

See you all soon!  :motonoises:  :motonoises:    :beerchug:

Rusty said:
There is no way I am going to eat any pickled herring!! I have had it a couple of times and I act just like the man on the video!  No way I am messing up our trip by trying any of that!

You vill eat da herrink! It ist required!

You don't want to be the first one in the history of this to not try it, do you? Besides, Hans provides a nice schnapps to wash it down. A lot of guys go back for seconds because it's not bad, especially if the first one stays down.  :rotflmao:

Ah-haa, we got you on that Rusty.
I agree, you don't have to eat the pickled herring.

Luckily,,, Hans Surstrømming isn't pickled. It's fermented!
And,,,, (drumroll) the fermented fish is required!!! <evil grin>

And Jim is right. It actually doesn't taste too bad.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: A serious dose of Hans nice schnapps and some good beer before the tasting helps too!  :beerchug:

Oh, It is fermented!!I love fermented fish!! Right!

Well I will cross that bridge when it is time! I will be a good sport!

5 days before we fly out! See you all there!

Cheers,

Russ

4 days to go...10 days till the start of the Rally!!

Anyone using a Sena unit for communication on the bikes? I have a Sena SMH 10 that I will probably bring for use between Attila and I, though we can connect to others....Just wondering.....

See you all soon!

AmphibSailor said:
I've got a 20S...shouldn't be a problem connecting...
We should be good on the connections...cool! Are you going to meet us and stay in Wolfrathausen on 7/13?

We leave now in 3 days!! Only problem is I was hoping to take Friday off...does not look good now....Still be ready to go early Saturday morning!!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

We're still planning to meet up and stay at the same hotel...Grace has decided (again) that she wants to go  :-\...Though, I haven't had a chance to set things up yet (for Wolfrathausen). :-[

I was able to take a few moments to download the daily routes and convert them to the TomTom itinerary format.  Haven't had a chance to load them up on the new GPS and check out what they look like.  As far as I know, TomTom doesn't use a program like BaseCamp for your PC...Got to do some more research on that...Seems strange though, that the GPS format files are so large and the TomTom format files are so tiny.  (This is my first TomTom GPS.)

AmphibSailor said:
We're still planning to meet up and stay at the same hotel...Grace has decided (again) that she wants to go  :-\...Though, I haven't had a chance to set things up yet (for Wolfrathausen). :-[

I was able to take a few moments to download the daily routes and convert them to the TomTom itinerary format.  Haven't had a chance to load them up on the new GPS and check out what they look like.  As far as I know, TomTom doesn't use a program like BaseCamp for your PC...Got to do some more research on that...Seems strange though, that the GPS format files are so large and the TomTom format files are so tiny.  (This is my first TomTom GPS.)

Patrick, Load up Tyre or MyRoute on your PC.  MYRoute is taking Tyres place.  Excellent programs and very easy to work with.  They will convert files and you can build, save and share routes with other people.  Sign up for free membership in MyRoute and look me up "ChrisD".  Also, MyRoute is available for your Cell phone and can record trips as you go.

Patrick, Load up Tyre or MyRoute on your PC.  MYRoute is taking Tyres place.  Excellent programs and very easy to work with.  They will convert files and you can build, save and share routes with other people.  Sign up for free membership in MyRoute and look me up "ChrisD".  Also, MyRoute is available for your Cell phone and can record trips as you go.

I'l give  them both a look tonight. Thanks for the recommendations....

Yes...Steve is cooking in Ireland/Scotland! Attila and I are leaving tomorrow!

Budapest here we come first!!  :great:

Will you be doing a layover?
If yes, where and when?
We'll be doing a layover in Heathrow (July 11) 7:25 - 11:00 AM  (London Time)

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Keeeeeeeerection; He opens it underwater so the pressurized can doesn't spray the stuff all over when he initially opens the can.
In Holland last year, (even underwater) it sprayed out into the parking lot!

Unfortunately; The gas (from the fermented fish) still bubbles out and smells just as bad.  ;)

NOTE: In the video's,,, look for the deformed can or listen for the escaping gas...
          Hans sez; The more the can is deformed, the better the batch. <grin>

Fias, your gonna love it!!! I'll cheer for ya!

Ride safe, Ted

Man, id love me some Strummin rigt now...
Its pretty damned good in my opinion, after everyone ran screeming with their hands covering their mouth (Ted was trying to hang in there within 6 feet of the can, just to "man up"...) I think Hans, Guy, and myself ate most of the can...at Johnson City...  didn't get any schnapps tho, but did wash it down with some good Bourbon..... mmmmmmmm boy.....

:TPIWWP: :singing: :popcorncouple:

Ride safe over there, and tell my friends MOB say Hey Y'allllll

Traveling Euro COG Nation.

We will see everybody on July 14th!!  My plane leave on Sunday and will arrive in Brussels on July 11.

Be safe.

In Budapest tonight.....heading to`Landshut, Germany tomorrow by train to pick up our bikes!!  Soon to be two days befgore the start of the Rolling Rally!!

We will see Rob and possibly Patrick and Grace tomorrow!

See you all soon....Looks like we may be dodging rain and possibly snow very soon!

Just got home from the Rally late last night!! It was a great trip, with so many adventures! Many are coming back on July 29th!

I would not hesitate to go on an adventure like this one again! More stories to come! If you have wanted to go on a trip to the Alps and wondered if it is all they say it is. Well I have to say it is so much more and you have to go!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Arrived home last night.  (safe and also sound)
Also very tired from the flight...

Total Km rode was 4600.

I'll second what Rusty said.
If you've ever considered a trip like this ... DO IT!!

Words can not describe it!!!

Ride safe, Ted