• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gear

mytmatt

Has anyone ever bought gear from

Www.leatherup.com

? They have some great prices on what appears to be some pretty good riding gear. Winter is approaching, and I need some leathers. What glitters isn't always gold, though. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. LOL that's all the cliches I am going to throw at that, just wondering if anyone has firsthand experience to share. Thanks

Matt

Ordered from them,
his and hers leather vests (different models)
his and hers textile water resistant armored jackets (different models)
hers rain suit
pair of gloves

That might be it.  All their own xelement brand.  All way cheap.  All a great value.  This is the 4th sumer with this gear.  Zero complaints.  Everything has held up well.  The jackets and gloves have gotten the most use, obviously.  Liners REALLY help with cold, liners out, zippers open, air flows through in the heat.  I am sure they are not the quality of $400 jackets, but, hey, I wasn't going to spend that much ($69).

Read the comments sections on sizing - often have to up a size or two.  Had to return once for size.  No problems, no drama. 

I look to them first for purhases.  Everything they have "told" me has come true.  If you are looking at particular gear above, pm me, and I'll let you know if I have the same model.

I buy tires from them . Bought a couple pairs of riding pants...xcelement brand but zippers failed right away . Had them fixed locally . Probably will spend more on a better brand next time but everything is Chinese crap now so can a good product even be found anymore ?

I buy quite a bit of stuff from them.  I like there Xelement line.  I have never been disappointed with the quality.

I did buy my first armoured jacket from them (their Xelement brand) when I bought my first bike.  It is cheap and cheerful, but doesn't hold a candle against a quality jacket from First Gear or Joe Rocket (I now have a jacket from JR and a 3/4 length jacket from FG).  I have worn the LeatherUp jacket a couple of times, but always feel a lot more confident in the protection which will be provided from a more expensive jacket from a quality make.

Not disappointed by the LeatherUp jacket, but you get what you pay for and much prefer the JR and the FG jackets.