• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

GIPro Install Complete

timanderson

I just finished a successful test ride after installing a GIPro ATRE on my 2010 C14.  First, a big thanks to Fred Harmon for his review of this product and his excellent documentation on the installation procedure!  The GIPro comes with very good instructions but reviewing Fred’s pictures at http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/gipro/ before I got started made the install go very smoothly.  (For those that don’t know, the GIPro connects between the gear position sensor and the ECU and tells the ECU the bike is always in 6th gear so the butterflies are wide open most of the time.  Since the LCD now always shows ‘OD’, there is a digital gear indicator unit that displays the actual gear position.)

The thing I spent the most time with was mounting the display unit.  I wanted something that aligned symmetrically with the dash layout, and the unit doesn’t really fit anywhere very well.  My solution was to install it on a hinge, so it Velcros in place over the 2 pushbuttons beneath the LCD display, but can be swung out to access the buttons when needed, which is infrequent.  I fastened the GIPro to the hinge with 3M outdoor double sided tape, and then the other side of the hinge was fastened to the underside of the dash bevel below the buttons with Velcro.  Finally, a couple small pieces of Velcro hold the unit vertical against dash.  Pulling it back on the hinge allows access to the LCD control buttons.  Pictures attached.

The results of this mod were excellent.  The real power and torque of the 1400 are now available in all gears, and what a nice difference!  In stock form, it always felt odd to me that with all that engine down there, I still had to grab a pretty good handful of throttle in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gears to accelerate smartly - I could just feel that the engine was being constrained.  Now the torque is immediately available, and much less throttle action is needed.  Some folks may consider this mod makes the throttle too sensitive, but I love it!  So this is a good value modification – good results for a reasonable price and no actual changes to the engine hardware.  I’m considering an Area P slip on and K&N air filter at some point in the future, but for now I’m going to enjoy my new free breathing C14 as is for a while!

Attachments

• C14 mods 002.JPG
    C14 mods 002.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 138
  • C14 mods 003.JPG
    C14 mods 003.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 129
Nice placement.  And I'll know better than to challenge.  Still wont' project you from giant punch balls, though. ;D