• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Glad to be here!

ZIGZAG

Training Wheels
Hello, fellow Connie enthusiasts! I come from a motocross background, having raced against the likes of Bultacos, Montessas, Ossas, Hodakas and Pentons. (Yes, Kawasakis, Yamahas and Suzukis, too, but the others afford a hint at my age.) So... I haven't ridden on the street in more years than I care to admit. My son acquired an 850cc cruiser, and and I insisted that he take the MSF class, which I also attended, just as a refresher. (I've had my MC endorsement since 1976.) I still had no bike of my own, but I knew exactly what kind of bike I wanted... no question it was a Connie, and the year didn't really matter.

Shortly thereafter (and with my wife's blessing,) I found a 2002 Concours in our local paper, with... get this... just 1400 original miles on it. Was it a typo? Nope... mint condition! It was an offer I couldn't refuse, and I bought it in July of 2010. I look forward to getting more involved with COG, and racking up many miles with (and without) its members.

I've already befriended several members in the Newburgh, NY area, and plan to attend as many "meet and greets" and local events as I can, maybe even some regionals. Great ride... great site... great camaraderie! Enjoy the season... rubber side down.

great find on the Concours . always nice to have another motocrosser join the ranks 8) Just wish we had more the 4 inches of suspension travel back then.My knees remind me of that every day  :eek:.
Friend of mine used to race an 125 Montessa, tried it once could not get used to shifting on the "wrong side", I stuck with my RM thank you very much.
but anyway this forum is as entertaining as it is helpful  ;D
Enjoy your bike and pray for an early spring 8)

I grew up directly across the street from the track, and had apple orchards on the other three sides. Spent as much free time as possible on two wheels. Ironically, someone who I used to race against 35 years ago just became a member of my Masonic Lodge. He was a Spanish bike rider, while I was riding a Penton at the time. (Still green back then, before KTM acquired them and made them blue.) I could never have gotten used to the shifter on the right, but it worked for him on the counterclockwise tracks.

It's very rare that I actually have met someone before they introduce themselves on the forum. It makes it kind of special. So I'm really glad to welcome you to the group. I'm hoping to see you this weekend at the meet & greet. Although I must say that I'm a little concerned about your being able to make it, because I know how this weather were having this week might affect you. So here's my very special welcome for you!

Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome

Welcome to COG Brian...  Hopefully we will meet up at a club event. 
Having met Cap'n Bob you now know how truly ummm... "special" he is.  :p

Yes, and plan to enjoy lunch at the Gateway with him tomorrow! Bike's not quite ready to leave the garage, yet, but it'll be good to talk about potential rides for this season. He's bringing a few tank bags, as I'm undecided about which one to buy. Another quickly realized benefit of membership. What took me so long to return to riding? What was I thinking?