• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Glad to be in the Forum

PopPop

Training Wheels
Had a chance to ride the new C14 when it came out in 2008.  Lots of things I like about it and some, like most, that I didn't.  Was totally impressed when Kawi listened to the owners ( do you hear me, Honda?) and made some great changes for 2010.  Also followed the reviews and was very impressed with what was reported.  Have been on ST1100, VFR and for the last 8 years ST1300s.  I was a Honda guy, even sold them for the past 8 years.  As much as I liked what I saw and heard just couldn't justify making a change.  But all that changed last week when a woman in a SUV decided that she had to get across the street I was on without seeing me.  I'm fine, had all the gear on, but the 07 ST didn't fair as well.  My bride of 27 years said she didn't care what insurance said, she wanted me to get a new bike so tomorrow morning I pick up a new silver C14 in Berkley Springs, W Va., and I am damn excited.  :) Will be about a 200 mile ride home so we'll have some time to bond.  And next week we leave Delaware for a trip to the AMA races at Mid Ohio.  Nice way to start a relationship.

I joined the forum because I was impressed with the quality and quantity of info shared here.  You have been a good resource as I made my decision and I look forward to joining in the conversations as I gain more knowledge.  Thanks for you help.

Final note, the ST was totalled so alls well that ends well!

Glad to hear you are fine from the "incident", and glad to hear you are going to frequent the forum. But why stop there? COG is much more than just the "forum" and membership goes a long way.

Best of luck with the new mount!  :)

2linby said:
Glad to hear you are fine from the "incident", and glad to hear you are going to frequent the forum. But why stop there? COG is much more than just the "forum" and membership goes a long way.

Best of luck with the new mount!  :)

:iagree: ... and the COG Northeast Area is rocking with ride & activities, not to mention the National rally this year.

Welcome to the world of Kawasaki....it' a good one!!  Like you I was (an still am a Honda guy at heart) I owned a 91VFR 750 an a 93 ST1100  I enjoyed the heck out of those bikes, but MAN this Concours is in a whole'nuther league....The big K has always been known for it's engines......and you'll find this C14 has one of the best!

Glad you were ok after the kiss of the cager.....enjoy your new ride!!! 8)

Sorry the accident cost you a bike you really liked but congratulations on the new C14 and welcome! Glad you came out of it okay.  :)