• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Glove Box Doesn't Lock

CoachTony

It is my understanding that if they key fob isn't close by, the glove box on the left side just ahead of the Heated Grip dial should lock.
I noticed yesterday that it does not lock at any time. Is there an easy fix? Common problem?
Thanks in advance!
Tony

Two quick questions: 1- Did it lock previously? 2- Are you the original owner?
When I bought my 2012, it would but lock either. The PO had removed the solenoid yo prevent it from locking. His reasoning (not completely wrong) was that he'd rather someone rifle through his box, quick had nothing valuable anyway, than break it trying to find something worth stealing.
He's a great guy, meticulous with the bike, and handed me the solenoid.
I doubt he's the only one that did this.

Two quick questions: 1- Did it lock previously? 2- Are you the original owner?
When I bought my 2012, it would but lock either. The PO had removed the solenoid yo prevent it from locking. His reasoning (not completely wrong) was that he'd rather someone rifle through his box, quick had nothing valuable anyway, than break it trying to find something worth stealing.
He's a great guy, meticulous with the bike, and handed me the solenoid.
I doubt he's the only one that did this.
Never thought of that. They definitely have a point.

I removed my solenoid as well.

From what I remember, it would occasionally jam and not open, so just got rid of the whole mechanism to fix it.