• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gloves?

Warm weather season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most of my gloves are either leather, or a combination of leather and textile. But there wasn't a choice for that and only one choice. (I probably have 5-10 pairs of gloves) So I chose other.

I am with Bob, I have a textile leather combo as well.  Also I prefer the gel in the palms, helps with the vibration.  I go through a set about every three years, currently have some olympia.

I also have some aerotich deer skin, but use those when it is cooler outside and not very often.  I used to have some goretex winter gauntlets, but I found that rain covers worked better than goretex for me.  If my hands got wet and I tried to put the winter gloves back on my fingers would get stuck in the holes?

That is probabally more information that was asked  (I am oversharing again as my wife would say, good thing you didn't ask about my bowel regularity)

Leather/textile hybrid - short gauntlet style (past the wrist). I only put on the thinsulate gloves when it's cold, but then again, in Northern California, it's not cold very often.

I'm liking this whole "poll" option thingy majig

I see in the future my poll's should either be true/false - yes/no or i had better put more thought into them or hold a poll on how to post a poll. You guys must be rocket scientist or architects...... really??? come on now guys. i cant even think of who would even buy a glove made completely of textile..... they all have the soft leather palm, at least all of the hundreds of brands i have seen. As you can see this forum is helping me deal with criticism. how am i doing so far?

:motonoises:

Olympia short leather gloves when it's <85 degrees; Tourmaster Textile mesh/goatskin combo when it's >85, also short style. Gauntlets stay in the closet until cold/wet weather. Those are all leather, gore-tex lined Tourmasters. Now if I could find a good, affordable, textile/leather shorty that automatically closes to water proofed, I'd be set!

I've got a LOT of gloves and wear them based on the weather at the time.  Most of them are leather/textile hybrids, but the real reason I buy them is for the fit.  Short skinny fingers make it tough to find gloves which fit well.

I have 2 pair- Revit Monsters for the summer and Held- Air & Dry for wet weather or cold. I don't leave home without them!!

Presently, my gloves are..

Primary use: Held Galaxy gauntlets
Secondary: deerskin roper (Sullivan Gloves)
Mesh: First Gear
Rain: Aerostich triple digit covers over ropers

- Alpinestars SP 2 leather gauntlet

07alpinestarsSP2glvblk_450.gif

- only problem is that they are not waterproof (well , nothing is waterproof ... )