• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Good to be back!

Hi!
I'm Doug Morgan. I was on here about a decade ago! 😆
I had a 2006 C10 in blue.
I really enjoyed it but sold it about 10 years ago.
I'm returning on a C14 in that beautiful burgundy red. (I know that it has an actual name that escapes me..)
I brought her home 2 days ago with 6,700ish miles on her.
I got her for 6K. What a bargain.
So transitioning from the C10 definitely adds some excitement.
I'm heading the the Dropped files next 😆. But all good. No damage and I got that out of the way first thing. Also scarred up my right case on the trailer so that's behind me aa well. I expect clean traves from here GOD willing!
Now I've run a few laps and it's coming back.
Very sweet and smooth bike.

I will ask quite a few questions upcoming. Definitely was a different stature from who owned it previously. Too low, scrunchy and street racer forward lean compared to the C10, I know there is some adjustments and I've ordered the risers for the bars, looking at seats..

Any way. I'm in deep east Texas just south of San Augustine. There is some beautiful riding out this way between the lakes Rayburn and Toledo Bend so I'm really looking forward to sub 110 degree weather.
I think the Connie will be against the burn ban currently in place out here cuz she is red hot!
Praying for those in Louisiana. Quite a few burned out of their homes.

Your about 2 hours from me. I'm in Cut and Shoot.
Get that puppy ready and go ride with us to Arkansas in October. (Final Fall Fling)

While your farkeling. If it doesn't have a Flash on it now, DO IT!

Ride safe, Ted

Get that puppy ready and go ride with us to Arkansas in October. (Final Fall Fling)

Ride safe, Ted
Arkansas is on my radar.
There was some farkling done prior. The owner had passed in 2020 so a friend of his sold it for his wife.
What is involved in flashing? Pull the brains and ship em out?
Who is suggested here?
I believe it may possibly have been flashed, they mentioned something concerning it being set up for full power access without some depowering program for low speed use.
Is there a way to tell if it's been flashed short of pulling it? Serial number records maybe?
I don't see a cog sticker on the bike.wish I did! You know the owner cares with those on it!

Good to be back. I remember you from my first bike. We haven't met yet but I look forward to it.

The 14 is much louder than the 10 was. Not sure if it's road noise or something I need to look into or just adjust to, yet.
I'm only 2 rides in. Almost seems like tire noise or perhaps it's just the fresh air flow I'm hearing I didn't hear on the 10. I got it at under 7000 miles and they said the owner trailered it to events. The scuffs on it were from falling on trailer rides I was told.
Any way, great to be back riding. Short run to Louisiana today to help a son in law... and he wants to see the bike!
Fires are getting bad over this way. Both sides of Toledo Bend burning. Prayers up for rain.(not something riders pray for often..)

Thanks Ted.
Doug...

Ride safe, Ted
Hey Ted. One other thing my bike has is a sticker from "Heal Tech" my research shows it is electronics to "correct" speedometer miscalculation.
Is that it's sole purpose?

I looked at something similar for my WR-250. Didn't know they made such a thing for our C-14's.
Our speedo's are off a bit and it's so minor that changing to a 55 series rear tire fixes that.
Guess you'll have to do some research or someone else will probably know more.

*** Did a quick search.
You might have a Quick Shifter.
{Woo Hoo!!}

If so, 2 and Blue will be here shortly as he has one on his bike.
(I pinged him already)
{He'll prolly try to convince you that his BLUE Bike is faster than the RED, but we know better} :sneaky:

Last edited:
Arkansas is on my radar.
There was some farkling done prior. The owner had passed in 2020 so a friend of his sold it for his wife.
What is involved in flashing? Pull the brains and ship em out?
Who is suggested here?
I believe it may possibly have been flashed, they mentioned something concerning it being set up for full power access without some depowering program for low speed use.
Is there a way to tell if it's been flashed short of pulling it? Serial number records maybe?
I don't see a cog sticker on the bike.wish I did! You know the owner cares with those on it!

Good to be back. I remember you from my first bike. We haven't met yet but I look forward to it.

The 14 is much louder than the 10 was. Not sure if it's road noise or something I need to look into or just adjust to, yet.
I'm only 2 rides in. Almost seems like tire noise or perhaps it's just the fresh air flow I'm hearing I didn't hear on the 10. I got it at under 7000 miles and they said the owner trailered it to events. The scuffs on it were from falling on trailer rides I was told.
Any way, great to be back riding. Short run to Louisiana today to help a son in law... and he wants to see the bike!
Fires are getting bad over this way. Both sides of Toledo Bend burning. Prayers up for rain.(not something riders pray for often..)

Thanks Ted.
Doug...
All good to hear.
Look under the ECU. Will have a sticker on it if it was Flashed.
If you have a Quickshifter, I'd bet it has been.

If not, I really like Steve Sefsick's Mountain Runner Flash.
Others use Ivan's.
Lots of arguments about which is best. (Also oil/tires/etc etc etc...)
I think most in the club that have their C-14 Flashed used Steve's.

If you need a Flash we can give you more details.

Enjoy the ride. Pray for rain!

Ride safe, Ted

Hey Ted. One other thing my bike has is a sticker from "Heal Tech" my research shows it is electronics to "correct" speedometer miscalculation.
Is that its sole purpose?
Douglas Hi,
Healtech has about a dozen products that fit the C14 ranging from speedometer correction, digital shift light, brake light flasher, and Quickshifter, etc

Take a picture of your shifter and send it this way I’ll confirm if you have the Healtech Quickshifter Hardware installed. It’s a fun FUN FUN and high performance farkle.

If you do have one installed I’ll give you the run down.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

I looked at something similar for my WR-250. Didn't know they made such a thing for our C-14's.
Our speedo's are off a bit and it's so minor that changing to a 55 series rear tire fixes that.
Guess you'll have to do some research or someone else will probably know more.

*** Did a quick search.
You might have a Quick Shifter.
{Woo Hoo!!}

If so, 2 and Blue will be here shortly as he has one on his bike.
(I pinged him already)
{He'll prolly try to convince you that his BLUE Bike is faster than the RED, but we know better} :sneaky:

Good catch. I had not seen that.
Off to research so I will know what and how to test..
Thanks! 😊

Good catch. I had not seen that.
Off to research so I will know what and how to test..
Thanks! 😊
Looks like he just got the gear counter. I know that's there.
Little box big numbers.
I'm thinking he more likely couldn't see the little gear position on the dash.
Probably not a racer.
I know it took me a while to transition from the 10 shifter.
Throttle position has to be BARELY changed for smooth shifting. Over and under Rev or was something I had to mentally adjust for to get smooth.

As far as BLUE goes.. I had BLUE this RED is TONS faster. 😆.

Thanks for your help!

Wow.. the color on your bike got past me.. that's beautiful.
What year? Can't believe I didn't see that!
I was really bummed by the lack of choice in these final few years..
Thanks, custom paint. Corvette atomic orange. Bikes a 2010. Was blue but I've always yearned for a 2002 vetted in that orange. So I figured the only way I'm getting my vetted is to have my bike painted.

Douglas Hi,
Healtech has about a dozen products that fit the C14 ranging from speedometer correction, digital shift light, brake light flasher, and Quickshifter, etc

Take a picture of your shifter and send it this way I’ll confirm if you have the Healtech Quickshifter Hardware installed. It’s a fun FUN FUN and high performance farkle.

If you do have one installed I’ll give you the run down.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
Yeah I went through the link. Wow they do have a few tricks up their sleeves!
Pretty sure it's just the "I can't see the gear number" fix..
Shifting as I read it shuts down spark for a moment at the shifter touch. Mine definitely doesn't have this trait. I've got probably 4 hours on it and just now am learning throttle positions at shifts to not clunk into gears. The c10 I would use much more throttle movement to run the gears.

I'm not up into hard runs yet.. but it's coming..

Thanks for your help and I'm sure I will tap you for knowledge as I learn what I don't know I need to learn yet.

Gonna check my front hub for some noise concerns (probably coolant fans. Im in Texas in 100 to 106 Temps on my runs..) next to be safe and apparently need to secure up my ground contacts per some other thread reading I've done.

It's great to be back in it again.