• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Good Write-Up On Rossi

Hogboy

Street Cruiser
Good insights from KR JR of all people.  Remember him?

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Apr/120413-1046.htm

4820.jpg

Good article and interesting to hear about KRJR & Hopkins at Suzuki and how Hopper was willing to
push that bike to the max even if it meant tossing it away.

Goos article. I had never thought about the Barros angle but he is right. I do remember Barros winning those races on the Honda. Good development rider apparently.
I still question Rossi's mental ability right now. I think the broken leg messed him up. Then he watched a very good friend die right in front of him (literally) and he has been losing confidence with his finishes which only compounds the problem. Just a guess.
I said the same thing about James Stewart and look at him now....maybe the bike just doesn't suit him.