• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Goodbye to the Macadem M50

caeman

Moped
I now have a new rear tire on the old Connie. The Macadam M50 gave me 12,050 solid miles of performance and handling to the extent that I needed it. 1800 miles of that was to Panama City, Florida and back in 5 days. 9000 came from commuting to work. It still had, maybe, 1000 miles left in it, but I like to ride in the rain, and the relative lack of tread pattern concerned me. I am running a Dunlop D205 with Dyna Beads. I will make sure to report in next fall when I have to replace it. : 46k miles