• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Got my new 2010 C14

COGBear

Big Wheel
Hello all. A little background on me. I used to ride from age 8-18. Then took a 22 year break. Now at age 40 I have a strong desire to ride again so I obtained my Class M license and test drove a new 2010 C14 which was smooth and beautiful but with 22 years of rust built up on my riding skills the weight and power of the Connie made me a little nervous so I bought a 2010 Can Am Spyder RS-S SE5. This was two weeks ago and now after about 600 miles of riding the nerves have calmed down substantially and I really want the C14 so I'm going tomorrow to see if a deal can be struck that doesn't hurt too bad financially. I commute 22 miles to work each way on mostly interstate and the Concours would be way better in so many ways. The Spyder is tons of fun but offers very little wind protection and to be honest feels like I'm blasting down the interstate on an ATV. With any luck I will hopefully be an actual owner within a couple days and will post up some pics.

Unfortunately I didn't go through rider safety training. I would love to but my schedule leaves a lot to be desired. My days off are middle of the week. All classes I've found so far are on weekends. I have downloaded all the materials I could find on the msf website and have been reading through those. I am a pretty safe driver by nature though. I have a class A CDL and drive defensively all the time. At age forty I have never had a speeding ticket and have never been in an accident while driving, although I have been in a couple accidents as a passenger. Guess I should have been riding defensively.

:whoo: I am proud to announce that i purchased my brand new 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 today. I got the non abs model. The only concours available out of three dealers that i checked in my area. It had zero miles on it when i test drove it.
Now I have close to 60 miles on the odometer. I am also glad to announce that it took about five minutes for the nerves to completely settle and then received my face splitting grin from ear to ear for the next 35 miles.  :) What an incredible machine! Thanks for the replies and the welcome messages. I am really excited to own the C14 and to have found such a fabulous community that supports this bike. Really happy to be here. Thanks again. :-* I will post pics soon but it's just stock Neptune blue for now.

Woo Hoo....welcome aboard! 

Nothing to this riding again.....just imagine everyone is out to turn in front of you, stop suddenly, and whatever lives just on the other side of the tree line will jump out at you at any time (especially at dawn and dusk!)
Seriously though: just being a great defensive driver will make a huge difference.

Let's see some pic's of that new '10!!!
What are your thoughts on making it custom fitting at this point? Windshield, exhaust, warm grips?

Dave

Thanks guys. @Dave... I'm amazed to think back to when I was a teenager and didn't think of driving defensively at all. It's amazing I survived really. As far as farkles I am ordering a new windshield first. I am 6'4 with a 32" inseam and the stock screen isn't cutting it. Getting the Cee Baileys Ultra tour dome. Next is a backrest so the wife will feel safer and relaxed. Mine came with grip warmers standard. I am also ordering a factory service manual and Fred's videos. I am planning on doing as much of my own maintenance as possible. Any suggestions where to get the service manual at a lesser price or is it only available through Kawasaki?

Here are a couple pics I snapped after arriving at work today. Still completely stock but I do have some plans for her in the near future.

Attachments

• 2011-09-11_16-12-52_956.jpg
    2011-09-11_16-12-52_956.jpg
    15 MB · Views: 89
  • 2011-09-11_16-11-33_841.jpg
    2011-09-11_16-11-33_841.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 87