• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

gps went south

wjinks

Road Bike
AWWWWW my Garmin 2720 went bad!! I'm replacing it with a Garmin 2350 , no Blue tooth or stuff like that, just trip planing and GPS stuff.  Got it from Crutchfield for 139.99. I hope it works as good as the 2720 and as long too. Good by old friend!!!

Just picked up a 2720 off ebay for $86 shipped. Came with software manuals and all the cords, John

The Garmin Nuvi 765T has been very reliable and has features the new models don't like stereo jack, bluetooth, mp3 player and picture viewer.  It can still be found new for under $140.  It's not waterproof but you can't beat the value for the features it comes with.

Gigantor said:
The Garmin Nuvi 765T has been very reliable and has features the new models don't like stereo jack, bluetooth, mp3 player and picture viewer.  It can still be found new for under $140.  It's not waterproof but you can't beat the value for the features it comes with.
ZG and Gigantor,

Do you get Bluetooth directions into your helmet from the 765t ?  I thought you need a Zumo model to get speaking directions into your helmet via Bluetooth speakers (Sena, Audiovox, etc.)

MWH

ManWorkingHere said:
Gigantor said:
ZG and Gigantor,

Do you get Bluetooth directions into your helmet from the 765t ?  I thought you need a Zumo model to get speaking directions into your helmet via Bluetooth speakers (Sena, Audiovox, etc.)

MWH

Yes, bluetooth directions to my Scala G4 and tunes from the built in mp3 player that plays in stereo from the 765T too.  :great:

I have had no problems using the touch screen with both summer and winter gloves.

The downsides IMO is it is not waterproof, but I rarely ride in the rain... And in direct sunlight the display screen does get a little washed out, but I'm ok with that downside as well for the cost savings compared to a Zumo...

Don't get me wrong, a Zumo is a better unit, but it also costs about 5 times more than the 765T.

IMG00190-20110407-1943.jpg

IMG00191-20110407-1945.jpg

Yeah what ZG said.  I do get directions, music and if I want phone calls via the bluetooth from my Nuvi 765T.  I mounted it right behind my windscreen so it blocks most of the rain and when it does rain I put the unit in a ziplock bag to keep it dry.

After I had 3 Zumo 550s go bad in 9 months, Garmin comped me a Zumo 665. I like it except the NavWeather isn't useful like it was on the 550. Progress.....