• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Great dash mount for my Droid X or any accessories..

dano59

Mini Bike
^-^

I got in my dash mount so I can mount my Droid X as my GPS,MP3,Phone. Picked up a small Ram mount base that has a built in round adhesive disc that is a perminate part of the mount not useing a suction cup attachement that never hold up. Then the custom mount for the Drois X in an Otter Box Defrender bolts to the base. It all fits between the dash and the Rifle base giving it a bit of protection. Looks like it belongs there.
I stuck it to the under side of the rifle base thinking it would get less vibration as the dash bounces around a bit but we will see hoe the adhesive holds up to being "hung" which of course puts more pressure on the mount but we will see.

Attachments

• 2011-07-18_20-02-34_750.jpg
    2011-07-18_20-02-34_750.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 150
I guess it would have looked better with the Droid X in place but that's what I took the pic with :)

I mounted a NUVI 750 in the same maner except I drilled the base and bolted the RAM base to the Rifle.  It has been there for 4 years.  I did put some velcroe on the shelf and the bottom of the GPS.  It was not necisary.
Can you acsess the Droid functions through the box? 

oldsawfiler said:
I mounted a NUVI 750 in the same maner except I drilled the base and bolted the RAM base to the Rifle.  It has been there for 4 years.  I did put some velcroe on the shelf and the bottom of the GPS.  It was not necisary.
Can you acsess the Droid functions through the box? 

Yes the Otter box is what I have the phone in all the time. Covered 100% including a hard plastic screen cover. The connection ports are covered with rubber doors that fold out of the way if access is needed and all buttons are covered but useable, Works great. I thought about drilling for a base but thought I would try this first.