• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Great Helmet Deal

delling3

Road Bike
If you are in the market for a new full-face helmet that won't break the bank, I may have an answer for your. 

I just picked up an HJC FG17 on closeout from Motorcyclegear.com. The FG17 is a step up from the CL17, and is built from fiberglass/kevlar instead of polycarbonate.  It is SNELL certified, and features a really nice shield mechanism borrowed from their RPHA line. 

This helmet is the quietest I have owned - significantly quieter than the Scorpion EXO1000 that I own.  The venting is actually effective too - I actually can feel the cool air flowing over my scalp - something I have not experienced with other helmets that I have owned. 

They are closing out 2014 models for $119, with free shipping.  The one I bought was basically matte black with some pretty subdued silver highlights.  They have some much more wild graphics if that's your thing. 

I think it is a good helmet at the normal $200 price point, but with the mark-down, it is a great value IMHO. 

is is a modular helmet? 

i think i will just look it up, thanks for the info. 

I have a fulmer m2 and have just about worn it out. 

Robert said:
is is a modular helmet? 

i think i will just look it up, thanks for the info. 

I have a fulmer m2 and have just about worn it out.

It's a standard full-face, and quite nice at that. This will fit a medium-round/round head shape. They sell different thickness padding for these as well, so you can customise the fit pretty well. I had to do that for an older CL-Max to get it to fit my head properly.

I just recently purchased a scorpion ex1100 full face helmet. Its scorpion tct shell with dual shields, inflation system, and few other features. It's not there top dog but same construction and protection. $200 delivered and I'm surprised at how much lighter it is from my other helmets.

LouSpag

I purchased an HJC FG-17 this spring (although not quite this cheap) and am very happy with it.  It is the quietest helmet I've owned and it actually fits me well which is a plus since I have a hard time finding a good fitting helmet.