• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Greetings from D.C.!

x01660

On a Connie in a neighborhood near you
I've lurked around here for years, trying to decide on whether to get an ST1100, ST1300, C10, C14, or getting a Harley....

I ended up picking up an 05 C10 yesterday, in excellent condition. Previous owner is a member of COG, and sent the carbs out to someone in Florida (I think Steve?) last year, Free Power Mod done, block off plates for the reed valves, etc. 45k miles.

Its perfect, and I'm REALLY looking forward to being a member of this group. The resources are AMAZING here, as are a lot of the people. I'm a full time rider (no car), and if there isn't ice on the ground, I'm riding. Looking forward to doing my first Saddle Sore on this beauty.... I have an affinity for 80's bikes (1st bike: 1980 GS1000G. 2nd bike: 1985 GS1150 (1260 big bore kit). 3rd bike: 1978 GL1000. Current bikes: 1983 GS1100 (jet kit, welded crank, 1150 oil cooler, cut valves), 1999 VN800B (Vulcan Classic; city beater-for sale!) and my new-to-me, 2005 ZG1000.

In any case, I'm looking forward to being a part of the COG, and putting MANY more miles (I average 20k a year) on the ol' Connie.

Take care, and Ride On!

-x01660

Last edited:
Thank you for the warm responses! I'm really looking forward to it. :cool:

-x01660

Welcome....
there are more resources for the C10 in the COG Technical Index available to full members.

Quick bump to this:

Anyone in the DMV area? I'd love to maybe meet up, talk bikes, modifications, etc. I have a few upgrades I want to do (alternator, radial brakes, etc), and it would be GREAT to have the assistance of someone who's done it before. Plus, I'm an EXCELLENT conversationalist, and I'll come with a pack (or case) of beer! 😎

Thanks! Y'all have been SUPER helpful and welcoming on here. :)

-x01660

EDIT: Full membership purchased!! Worth it. :)

Last edited:
Quick bump to this:

Anyone in the DMV area? I'd love to maybe meet up, talk bikes, modifications, etc. I have a few upgrades I want to do (alternator, radial brakes, etc), and it would be GREAT to have the assistance of someone who's done it before. Plus, I'm an EXCELLENT conversationalist, and I'll come with a pack (or case) of beer! 😎

Thanks! Y'all have been SUPER helpful and welcoming on here. :)

-x01660

EDIT: Full membership purchased!! Worth it. :)

Welcome as a full member.... glad to hear you find it worth it (y)
Keep in mind that not every member participates on the club forum, but they are listed in the printed and online Member Directory. You can contact members listed in the directory, or check the Event Calendar for options to meet members at nearby club activities. If there are no local meet ups on the calendar, any member may host and submit events to the calendar. Reach out to your AD or regional AAD for guidance.

FWIW - here is an idea of the number of full members in the DMV area as of FEB 2023

1693247356002.png

Welcome as a full member.... glad to hear you find it worth it (y)
Keep in mind that not every member participates on the club forum, but they are listed in the printed and online Member Directory. You can contact members listed in the directory, or check the Event Calendar for options to meet members at nearby club activities. If there are no local meet ups on the calendar, any member may host and submit events to the calendar. Reach out to your AD or regional AAD for guidance.

FWIW - here is an idea of the number of full members in the DMV area as of FEB 2023

View attachment 36776
Steve, did u put that together? Or is that somehow available to view for other areas?

I had no idea where the DMV was since it or where you are from was posted in the actual post. I did a search and of course DMV came up not as an area. Steve cleared it up, but I could not figure out where he got it from. So finally I figured it out when. I actually re-read the threads title. I just had no idea.o_O

I would have thought of Delmarva, but I guess that's only the peninsula. I have spent a time in both the peninsula and the three states in general, yet have never heard it referred to that way. So now I'm not sure if I should feel silly or not? :giggle:

Anyway, welcome aboard.

I had no idea where the DMV was since it or where you are from was posted in the actual post. I did a search and of course DMV came up not as an area. Steve cleared it up, but I could not figure out where he got it from. So finally I figured it out when. I actually re-read the threads title. I just had no idea.o_O

I would have thought of Delmarva, but I guess that's only the peninsula. I have spent a time in both the peninsula and the three states in general, yet have never heard it referred to that way. So now I'm not sure if I should feel silly or not? :giggle:

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Silly? Maybe for other things, but not this. It's common nomenclature for folks in that area... and not used much anywhere else.

I didn’t know what DMV meant either.
I did a DuckDuckGo search and found the
DC/Maryland/Virginia explanation

See, when I was at West Point, and I would come home for vacation, I would CONSTANTLY be using acronyms and abbreviations.... Left the FOB after a training exercise was done, to head down to the PX, then go back to do some PT before taps.... etc, etc, ad infinitum, and my parents would ALWAYS admonish me about using acronyms that no one outside my circle would know....

I should listen to my parents more.... 😎

In any case, I am in D.C. proper. In the city. About a mile from Howard University. And I'd LOVE to meet up with some of y'all that are in the area. Like to chat, LOVE to ride. Slow ride, fast ride, doesn't matter. As long as they're LONG rides.

And if anyone is wanting to do (or has done) an Iron Butt, I'd love to tag along and/or get some advice on how to do it and where.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Y'all rock. :)

-x01660

Looking for a long ride? Sign up and join us at the Fall Meet-Up

That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, its too short of notice... especially since I've already taken time off to go to St. Louis this weekend.

But I'll DEFINITELY keep an eye out for events. I think the next COG Rally is in WV next year, so I'll definitely be that way.

I'm also down to host an event for those in the D.C. Metro Area (DMV.... 😋). I live in an apartment, and don't have a lot of space, but I know a LOT of good places to eat, and some decent roads around the area. 😎

-x01660