• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Greetings from Regina, Sask.

Finally on the road.
On April 18th at three in the morning I did one of the most dangerous and damaging things I have ever done. I walked from my bed to the bathroom. I wobbled on my right leg, and it hurt, a lot. I made it to the bathroom, walked back to bed, and called 911. I got dressed in some old sweat pants, and crawled to the door to wait for the ambulance. I was home by eight thirty at night. Two screws held the bottom portions of my tibia and fibula together to help the torn ligaments heal. The top part of the fibula also suffered a spiral fracture.
The sentence was three months in a cast, and no weight bearing on the leg. So I was on crutches at work, and a wheelchair at home. :'(
July 20th the screws came out, July 29th the motorcycle came out of winter storage.
I am finally riding!!! Some of the bolt on accessories are on the bike, and I can try out the new gear I purchased while I was not riding.
One of the most interesting things while being disabled was using the left foot gas pedal I had installed in my car! On the C14 the right foot is used on the brake, and that just slows me down.
I have been reading all the posts here with envy, as until now all I could do was read about motorcycles.
I joined COG a few weeks ago. I have been on bikes since I was sixteen. I moved up to a 2008 C14 from a 1973 Z1 that I had for 23 years.
I know a couple of members as I participated in two days of Hogboy’s ill fated Thompson Manitoba idiot run. I have pictures of Peter walking the streets of Gimli looking for a welding shop.

BB

Brian I am so glad that you are feeling better and are ready to ride.  Best of luck on finishing up the healing and I hope you can now ride your ars off.

I thought I had a talent for hurting myself, but that one is hard to beat. :-\  "How did you break your leg?"  "Walking."  Nice to see you're getting up and about.  Hopefully we'll have a chance to meet in person out on the road somewhere.  Until then, and after, too, if I can help in any way the best way to let me know is to send an e-mail to nwad@cog-online.org  It will go to my pocket phone, and as long as I have reception I'll know pretty quickly you're trying to get in touch with me.  Whether I can actually respond or not depends on where I am, what I'm doing and whether or not I'm working.
  Welcome to COG, and enjoy the rides you take.  See you out there somewhere. :)

Big B, Welcome to the group. Like you i moved up from the Mighty Kz1000 to the Connie and riding long distance will never be the same. Hope you enjoy it as much as Me. Oh yeah be nice to see pics of both bikes. Again welcome to the group.

Greetings! Good luck on yer recovery & scooterizing. I've ackshully stayed in yer burg on McIntyre St between COG dealios in PA & AK.