• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Greetings from Victoria BC, Canada

Glenn

Moped
Hi, I'm a former COG member, used to have a 1987 Connie. I went darkside and bought a Road King 5 years ago. Its a great bike but in the meantime the Mother Company came out with the C14. It has been on my mind ever since that I wanted to return to my 'roots' with the Concours. I put a down payment on a black 2011 yesterday, and on Saturday I bravely venture across the shark infested Strait of Georgia to Burnaby Kawasaki to pick it up! I've been perusing the forum and see tons of good info here, along with a friendly group of people. Hope to see you around!

Glenn

You picked the best Kawasaki dealership there is to buy it from too.  What time are you picking it up?

The logistics of getting to Burnaby from the ferry are frightening! I'm going foot-passenger on the 7:00 boat. Buses and/or taxi from there to the dealership. I hope to arrive at Burnaby Kawasaki around 10:30 or 11:00. I'm sure there will be an hour or two of paperwork and preparation before I'll be out the door doing 4000rpm or less all the way home! :mad: I agree with your assessment of the dealer, I've bought two bikes from them in the past and they've always treated me well.

Thanks for the welcome, hope to meet up with some of you guys soon!

Will be taking some photo's tomorrow! Took possession today and rode home. It rained a little so I had to give it a good bath. Am bucking up on the manual right now, there's lots to learn! Locksmith is right, Burnaby Kawasaki is hard to beat, good guys to deal with. What a great bike, can't wait to set it up for 'me'. I have to get something to protect the tank and the top of the saddlebags. I'll figure something out pretty quick. I took my wife out for a short ride and she was very impressed with the smoothness of the bike as well as the comfort level. Whew! Methinks some nice rides are in my future! ;)

Well, back to reading... talk to you tomorrow!

Thanks Colin, the Wenatchee meet sounds very appealing. I'll have to get a Corbin before I venture too far afield though! Lots of time yet. Tried to post some photo's but there appears to be something haywire and I keep getting a 'file too large' message, (image 192k or less). When I reduced the image size to less than the 192 limit I received another message saying the file size was too large and the requirement was now 128k! I gave up :mad:

Here is my 2011 C14 parked beside my 1984 KZ1100R. I assure you the DNA has carried on! ;)

100_3825.jpg

welocome Glen, and back to the Connie too,
Hope to see you for the regional.
The 14th running of the NWCOG Volcano Ride is coming up in August, one of the best scenic and twisty rides in the NW.