• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Guhl re-flash

b206driver

Training Wheels
I've been reading all over the forum about Guhl Motors re-flashing the ECU for various applications. I went to his website and he doesn't appear to list anything for the C14. can anyone clue me in as to what a re-flash would cost?

b206driver said:
I've been reading all over the forum about Guhl Motors re-flashing the ECU for various applications. I went to his website and he doesn't appear to list anything for the C14. can anyone clue me in as to what a re-flash would cost?

This info has been posted a number of times.  Search function should return $375.

$375 plus shipping - my 2011 ecu is on its way there now. Just send an email to the shop and they will get back with you promptly.

Do they re-flash to a certain exhaust? I guess I'm asking do you tell them what exhaust you have and then they re-flash for that exhaust? Or is there just one re-flash for the connie?

I believe that the only exhaust specific map that they have is the one I sent them for the CSOne. However, they have an in-house dyno and can make a map for any configuration if you can take your bike to their shop and let them put it on the dyno and test it.

Ok, thanks Fred. I really like the dual Muzzys that a couple guys have on here and didn't know if they had a re-flash ready for them. How did the cs1 and their re-flash run?

Timbo said:
How did the cs1 and their re-flash run?

Go read Jagmans post in this thread:

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?action=post;quote=127768;topic=29070.30

Jagman said:
Fred_Harmon_TX said:
Jagman, did you get your ECU back?

Yes... I got it from Don Saturday. You've got mail and for the rest, let me just say WOW!

I have always found this bike to be very quick and yes also fast, but it was also clearly a bit more sedate in the way the power was delivered than I knew this big old motor was capable of.  As Fred mentioned in an earlier post, this morning during my 125 mile morning ride, I struggled though out the morning to stay even 10 miles over the speed limit.  The power is delivered in a very linear fashion and the secondary flies clearly are opening fully somewhere just north of 3500K.  The increased power is substantial in all gears, but for me it's most noticable in 3--6th.  Sixth gear is the new fifth and 3-4-5 are something just short of warp speed with a serious throttle twist.  I mean this bike is just very very fast now and it does require a bit of restraint to keep it from turning into a full fledged sport bike, which is honestly what it is outside of the more comfortable ergo's.  The bike revs more quickly and smoothly than before and I found myself shifting quite a lot higher in the rev band on a regular basis all morning due to the smoothness.

I think the Vance and Hines CS1 and Guhl Re-Flash are a great combo.  The pipe was emitting some very racy gear runs with nice crisp snap offs during transition today.  Also, had some decel pop prior to the flash with just the slip on.  It's gone with the new fuel Map.

Throttle response is also very crsip.  The bike simply wants to hunker down and move.  Needless to say I'm very happy. 

Fred-Thanks tons for taking the time to assist with the CS1 Map.  I'm eager to get your feedback on the insert.  I may want to get one of those if you determine there isn't a ton of adustments required to the Map.  I did not notice the VH Can was a tad louder today with this Map, or it could have just been those 8K runs  through the gears:)

Also want to add that Don Guhl is a class act and did a great work to get this done.  When I sent him the ECU he didn't realize I was sending him a 2011 and there are some code changes.  Luckily he had already started working on an 11 but hadn't finished it.  He stayed up till 2am working on mine when it came in Wednesday.  Then they got massive floods through their area but he still managed to get it all done and sent back to me for the weekend.

I highly reccomend this service.

911ZG guy said:
Fred, did Guhl remove the speed limiter in your ecu? If no, WILL they remove the limiter on mine?

Guhl will remove the speed limiter if you want it removed. Don doesn't care one way or the other. I had mine removed- in fact it was on my bike that Don determined there was a speed limiter imposed by Kawi on the 2010's. 

Just got my 2011 ECU back from Guhl this afternoon. Great service and pleasant people. I have a CS1 slip on. Took it for a spin. Marked improvements in the lower gears. WOW. Quite impressed so far. Planning a  500 mile ride this weekend. I will keep you posted. Thank you for all the work that went into this.  Sam