• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hand Grip Recommendations?

epc303

Tricycle
Can anyone recommend replacement hand grips for my newly acquired 1995 Concours? It currently has old foam ones that are hard and flaking....and as I found out on my ride from San Diego (where purchased) to Denver (home)...not too comfortable. My hands start to tingle after only 30 minutes, much faster than with my KLR 650. Much thanks for recommendations. Ethan Carter Denver, CO 1995 Concours (~27K miles) 2006 KLR 650 2005 Ford F-250

PO had these on the bike when I bought it 18000 miles ago. Still like new and very comfortable. http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=35 Let Murph get acquainted with your Ccard and your ride will never be the same again. COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife

+1 for Murph's grip's Virginia Beach, VA COG 6517 03 Concours (9/11/04) 01 Concours (8/16/08) USN Retired

I like Murph's as well. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

I've got Murph's great grips and like them allot, much better than the stock grips. Joe 1968 Honda 160 Scrambler, Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one, 1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja / 1999 Kawasaki Concours COG memb# 8645

Thanks for the recommendation, everyone. Murph's was the unanimous choice both here and on www.concours.org. Ethan Carter Denver, CO 1995 Concours (~27K miles) 2006 KLR 650 2005 Ford F-250

Murphs grips suck! oh wait I never tried them. In a spur of the moment thing I bought some wrap around Velcro ones you add to stock. I like the bigger grip for my big hands and the vib blocking. Don't like they hold water like a sponge. Had them years now. I might not be as happy if my wrist rocker thing did not keep the wrap from slipping on the throttle. ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Go ahead and get Murph's accessory fuse block and heated grips while you're on the subject. You'll thank me later. :)

I know everyone likes the ones from Murph's but I bought the Grip Puppies from California Sport Touring http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc? These were only 10 bucks and they slide over your existing grips. I like them so far has the grip is excellent and I like the extra size since you just put over old ones. Roman 2001 Concours California COG #8642

Aren't those the grips that they call: 'The Manglers'? :) jk. I don't have Murph's grips, though they do get massive endorsement whenever the subject comes up. I do have the heated grips and fuse block though and both have consistently exceeded my expecations.