• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

harden the fork

ferabern143

J'espère que la traduction sera compréhensible, j'ai traduit l'article de mon blog et j'ai fait un copier coller ;)

Autre modification qui fait son chemin, la modification de la dureté du ressort d'origine, si vous avez bien suivi mon article, "plus le ressort est long, plus il est souple" donc voilà, je bloque quelques tours de fil électrique rigide de 2,5, l'hélicoïde sera maintenu à l'extérieur, par l'intérieur du tube de fourche et par un tube Ø20 mm ext., gainé d'une gaine thermorétractable à l'intérieur du ressort avec une rondelle soudée en haut pour éviter qu'il ne se détache descend pas et je bloque les virages les plus contigus en haut, puisque ce sont les plus souples ! et ce type de fourche a le défaut d'être trop flexible.
Ça y est, c'est testé et approuvé, au départ, je partais sur un hélicoïde de 100 mm de long pour une longueur de fil de 1000 mm, mais c'était trop dur et mal synchronisé avec l'arrière pour moi, j'ai coupé à 70 mm et 700 mm de fil et ça va très bien, pas besoin de gonfler la fourche pour la raffermir.
Du coup, j'ai enlevé la cale, "flèche bleue".

ressort de fourche gtr 1000
27/09/2021
Ca fait pas mal de kilomètres avec le système de blocage des coils, ça marche toujours bien, j'ai enlevé les bouchons pour voir l'état et s'il n'a pas bougé, tout va bien, je ne céderai bientôt plus un peu de roulage en détente sur le système B12 qui Je le trouve généralement un peu trop rapide à mon goût, aussi bien froid que chaud.
25/10/2021
Tout simplement, toujours aussi brillant... et vive moi... Lol

Last edited:
You can add an extension to Firefox to translate. Google chrome has that ability built in. Could probably copy what you want translated and paste it in a Google search to translate.

Cutting the fork shorter stiffens the spring rate (because of less spring coils) and probably easier to do.
Plus the spacer your adding may slip out of place.

I've cut multiuple springs.

NOTE: I'm seeing his note in another language. Can't read it.
I had the choice to cut the spring, but I wanted to keep it in the original state in addition with my modification I can adjust the hardness by removing or adding electric wire

Cutting the fork shorter stiffens the spring rate (because of less spring coils) and probably easier to do.
Plus the spacer your adding may slip out of place.

I've cut multiuple springs.

NOTE: I'm seeing his note in another language. Can't read it.
Just press "1"

Translation from google:

I hope the translation will be understandable, I translated my blog post and copied and pasted it ;)

Another modification that is making its way, the modification of the hardness of the original spring, if you have followed my article correctly, "the longer the spring, the more flexible it is" so here I am blocking a few turns of rigid electric wire from 2.5, the helicoid will be held on the outside, by the inside of the fork tube and by a Ø20 mm ext. tube, sheathed in a heat-shrinkable sheath inside the spring with a washer welded at the top to prevent it from coming off downhill and I block the most contiguous turns at the top, since they are the most flexible! and this type of fork has the defect of being too flexible.
That's it, it's tested and approved, initially I was going on a 100mm long helicoid for a wire length of 1000mm, but it was too hard and badly synchronized with the rear for me, I 've cut to 70mm and 700mm wire and it fits great, no need to inflate the fork to firm it up.
Suddenly, I removed the wedge, "blue arrow".

fork spring gtr 1000
fork spring gtr 1000
fork spring gtr 1000
09/27/2021
It's been quite a few kilometers with the coil blocking system, it still works well, I removed the caps to see the state and if it hasn't moved, everything is fine, I will soon not give one more little rolling in relaxation on the B12 system which I generally find it a little too fast for my taste, both cold and hot.
25/10/2021
Quite simply, always so brilliant... and long live me... Lol

hello
Pardon me for causing you translation problems, I who do not have a good level of English, a translator is indispensable, sometimes certain sentence causes me problem, it is also true that I find a lack of photo that speaks much more than big speech ;)

Ferabern welcome to the Forum.
After the translation, I was able to better understand your idea.
I immediately deleted my previous post and want to say,,,, Wow!!
These are idea's that are new to the club. & It's great to see new idea's.
Thank you for sharing them with us.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: