• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hazard switch to control driving lights

Greetings, my first post here in about 10 years.  Question:  Does the C-14, or any of its Kawi stablemates, have a Hazard light switch on the left (clutch-side) handlebar?

On my 2014 Ninja 300ABS, there is a blocked-off hole, supposedly where the Hazard light switch would be on other Kawi models.  I got to thinking that such a switch would be great for controlling driving lights.

I was thinking of obtaining whatever Kawi part it is that my Ninja is missing, with the hope it would plug-n-play.  I anyone knows what part numbers to search for or what current-era Kawis might have Hazard lights, lemme know.

Been using the emergency stop switch on tight to control aux dirving lights for years. Personally don't have a use for the stock set up I see it mostly as a liability add on.

inspectorrgadget said:
Greetings, my first post here in about 10 years.  Question:  Does the C-14, or any of its Kawi stablemates, have a Hazard light switch on the left (clutch-side) handlebar?

On my 2014 Ninja 300ABS, there is a blocked-off hole, supposedly where the Hazard light switch would be on other Kawi models.  I got to thinking that such a switch would be great for controlling driving lights.

I was thinking of obtaining whatever Kawi part it is that my Ninja is missing, with the hope it would plug-n-play.  I anyone knows what part numbers to search for or what current-era Kawis might have Hazard lights, lemme know.

You stated C14. This was posted in the C10 section. Be that as it may, I only remember hazard light controls on the right hand side on the Kawasaki's I have had with them. But I could be wrong.

C14 has windshield momentary, high/low beam, horn, turn signals and flash to pass on left pod for gen I models.
all Kaws iirc have hazard and kill, and starter on right.