• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Headlight issues????

muddyrollaj

Big Wheel
Just got a 99 connie.  my headlight stopped working, but the highbeam still works? changed the bulb with no luck. Any ideas????

muddyrollaj said:
Just got a 99 connie.  my headlight stopped working, but the highbeam still works? changed the bulb with no luck. Any ideas????
I'd try yet one more bulb just to be sure. If it DEFINITELY isn't the bulb, then it must be getting the juice to the bulb.  THe most likely place to check first would be the dimmer switch.  See if you have voltage coming out of there on both high and lo beam.

goatmar said:
Go with an HID unit you'll be much happier.

why?
he clearly has a problem with finding why a normal bulb ain't working...and you want him to pop a $100 and still have the same problem/ as it plugs into the same plug?

:-X :-[

The OP hasn't posted since May 19, so there is no point in further discussion until he does.

I have the exact same issue on my '98 Connie.  I have two lamps and they are doing the exact same thing...no low, high beam only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please send email to michaelcl1970@yahoo.com, I'm not on the forum too much.

Thanks!

Mike

Are you saying you have tried two different bulbs? Or that you have a twin lamp setup, the one from Murph, or something similar?