• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

HealTech Gear Indicator

Pardoep

Big Wheel
Has anyone tried to install a "Healtech Gear Indicator". I just purchased one and it will be here Wednesday 8/3. Just lookin for some help.

It tells you what gear your in.  I never have seen one or used one.  I just keep the rpm between 2000-10000 and switch gears as needed to maintain that. :)

Generally they plug in to the ecu and read the gear position from that. Won't work on the C-10. Did you post in the wrong section?

GFinCA said:
WillyP said:
Generally they plug in to the ecu and read the gear position from that. Won't work on the C-10. Did you post in the wrong section?

I thought so, too, Willy, but they apparently make a model that works with any bike (see the last entry on the 3rd page). 

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/download/GIPRO-X_Application_list_en.pdf

It would be nice sometimes not to have to think what gear I'm in.

In that case it you will install a wheel speed sensor and the unit will use that and engine rpm to calculate gear position. I stand corrected.

I would think that it would be pretty easy to install. But, don't see a need, myself, as smithr-scad said:
smithr-scad said:
It tells you what gear your in.  I never have seen one or used one.  I just keep the rpm between 2000-10000 and switch gears as needed to maintain that. :)

Soooooooooo I guess no one has installed one. I'll be the first. I am aways looking for another gear. I had one of these units on my other bike and it was very handy. I'm mounting the wheel speed sensor on the swing arm in front of the rear brake caliper bracket. Just aim sensor at the brake disc bolts and we should be good to go. Maybe this is not nessasary but its nice. Beside i like gaggets.
Blue Lion

Keep us posted also if it keeps you from looking for one more gear up top.  Those of us without SISF 7th gear mod are still always looking for that gear.  My guess is you will still look for it and then see you are in 6th from the display.  At least you will not try again like I seem to sometimes. :/