• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Heat-Out Gear

Just got my new copy of Cycle Gear. They are having a sale on Heat-Out gear, 50% off. Being in the south in the summertime, I am looking at this stuff. Has anyone used it, and is it worth buying?

I like the price. I may be tempted to order some and try it out. For that price, you can't go all that wrong. 

I probably should move this to riding gear though.

I bought 2 of the short sleeve and 1 long sleeve to use for the ride to Arkansas. They seem to help with the heat. Although honestly, if it's hot enough the only thing that helps is air conditioning! I have short arms (32") and the long sleeve is REALLY long so unless you have long arms, I'd go with the short sleeve. They're about 3/4 length. The shirts fit very snugly which is what you want. Trying one on in the house, I felt cooler. When I went outside with a little breeze, it was very noticeable. Once I got all my gear on and on the road, it was not as much difference, but it was still more comfortable than a t-shirt. When you catch them on sale, they're much cheaper than UnderArmor Heat Gear or similar clothing. Long story short, I would buy them again. HTH.

like Eddie, I have some of it and like it. I have the short sleeve, and even with my longer arms, it fits like a 3/4 sleeve shirt. I bought a 2nd one to have for my long trip coming up. I think it works as good as UA or other brand heat gear, and it was cheaper. The construction on it is a lot different than UA, with different types of material in different places depending on how it has to vent. Low neckline too.

Thanks for all the input. I had to go from Charleston, SC to Savannah this morning. Last night on the way home I swung by Cycle Gear and grabbed a short sleeve, long pants, and a skull cap. I left the house at 4:30 am with a temperature of 70 degrees, it was a very comfortable ride. Coming back to Charleston this afternoon it was 95 HOT! But, it seemed that the Heat-out helped. The ride wasn't too bad, the worst part was my feet were pretty warm with my boots on. I think I might buy a couple more sets. :beerchug:

Thanks from me also. I just also placed an order. I took a gamble that this gear is decent and tried a few different items.

The best thing is it is inexpensive. So if it doesn't work, it's not like you shelled out 40 bucks for an underarmor shirt that didn't live up to expectations.

I'm pretty much done with underarmor. All of the shirts I have have runners and pulls in them. None of the cheaper Starter brand stuff does that. The Heat Out gear I'll only use on the bike, but the U/A and Starter I wear a lot around the house and yard.

Did 250 miles yesterday down to Beaufort, SC.  As long as we were moving it seemed to be pretty comfortable. If we had to stop for a light it got hot real quick. Over all, worth the $30. :beerchug: