• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Heated Visors

DIFF22000

Training Wheels
Hi All,

I noticed that now in Formula 1 the drivers are using electricaly heated visors during wet races.  I wonder if anyone has ever thought of developing them for everyday motorcycle use???
Have a look here  http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/heated-fog-free-visor/

Best wishes

Colin

They are available from HJC.  They are used for snowmobiles.  I am running a non heated snowmobile version on my Symax.
It fogs considerably less than the standard, not  entirely fog free.

A fog city insert works ok, but better are the ones that are a 2d shield that attaches to your visor. 

Problem on the Conc is not so much the visor, but the lack of airflow from the windshield blocking our visor.  The  lack of movement causes fog, droplets, etc to form on the visor and not be convected or blown away.

Mark

Yep, just check snowmobile helmets. Most are DOT approved and okay for road motorcycle use. HJC, Bombardie, and others.

However unless you are regularly riding in below freezing temperatures, a simple FogCity shield insert will alleviate most helmet shield fogging.