• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Heli-bars

cagedodger

Big Wheel
I'm selling the bike but figured these were too good to give away with it for free. They made a huge difference for me. Includes mounting bolts and bolt head covers. Condition is very good - a few small scuffs here and there and wear that's not visible with control clusters installed.

$350 gets them shipped to you if you're in the continental US. If you're elsewhere, we can figure out something fair.

I'll try to post pictures in another post, I've had difficulties posting this and I suspect it has something to do with my low post count. Let's see if this works with just text...

Edit: OK, I'm not sure why but I can't post pics. When I tried to post a follow up post with pics, the post disappeared. Let's try an imgur link:

http://imgur.com/a/V9Ap6

Here you go.

i0LvNFt.jpg

Ufssrsp.jpg

Thanks boss!

I guess the site isn't good with hosting images? No clue. Either way, these things completely transform the C10.

From what I have I read, I agree.  I've got a set that I'm getting ready to put on.... :beerchug:

Too many farkles...not enough time...

Dude, make the time. It's an awesome farkle.

Forgot to mention, the painters tape in the pics are just holding the bolts and bolt covers onto the bars so they don't get lost. Nothing nefarious.  >:D

Very surprised these aren't already on someone else's bike.  Go price them new.  :-\  Well come to think of it not sure if they are made any longer or may have to order.  Point is they are very pricey new but a wonderful change to the Connie!

I have these on my '01 and if you aren't happy with your stock bars, these are the ultimate replacement. You can adjust them just about any which way and once tightened, are very rigid. And another nice thing is if you drop the bike on the bars, they just go out of adjustment, instead of bending or breaking.

I'm in no hurry and they're totally worth it. I paid a bit more than this and still think they are essential on this bike. If they don't go, I'll likely adapt them to my current bike. A bit over-kill, but they'd be pretty sweet.

If you're in the central VA area, I'll knock off the equivalent of the shipping cost that I've included in the price. Hell, if you're within an interesting ride's distance to me I'd be willing to meet you half way.

gPink said:
I put a set on my c14. Great addition.

Do you have pictures? I'm considering getting a set for my C14.  How much taller are they compared to the stock ones?

Bikersuzzz said:
gPink said:
I put a set on my c14. Great addition.

Do you have pictures? I'm considering getting a set for my C14.  How much taller are they compared to the stock ones?
I adapted a set of the old style Helibars as pictured above not the new version. I used an LSL adapter/riser for a mount. A picture Of the LSL conversion can be found at Murph's site. I used the helibars instead of the tubular bars in the picture. Unfortunately I don't have the means to post a recent pic. The setup works very well to change what I found to be an unacceptable wrist angle created by the oem bars.

Hey all,

I've received a few PMs about these. Just wanted to say that I've replied to all messages so far and I apologize for the delay in responding. I'm not very active on a lot or forums these days.

So far, these are still available, no solid offers yet. I'll post some more stuff soon, just need to find time to snap pics and write out descriptions.

Ride safe!