• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Helibar Gen 2 risers

The AST 2" pullback risers offer the most rise/pullback without any modification. Also currently on sale @ a savings of $45.00 bucks.
No wedge to deal with and available in both black & silver. Support a COG Industry Member. Win, Win.

I went and got the Helibar Gen 2 risers.  I liked the design over the AST version.

Fitted them last night and took a 20 mile ride this morning to test them out.  Let me begin by saying that I am 6'1" and I now have the Corbin Canyon Dual seat.  With this seat I noticed I sit higher on the bike and also to sit in the pocket, it moves you rearward alot.  Once I installed this seat I knew I needed a pullback riser arrangement.  I was torn between going with the regular two inch risers and also wedges or the 2" pullback variety.  Ultimately for the money I decided to go with the Pullback set and I probably could also benefit from wedges in the future if necessary(I doubt I'll need to).

Installation was straight forward and a breeze even by myself.  Took about 30 minutes casually working.  The Instructions included were excellent and the components are very good.

On my test drive I now noticed I sit more in the seat pocket than before.  Also, before, when at a traffic light I noticed I used to always take my hands off the bars to sit up straight and rest.  Now, I noticed I didn't do that on this mornings ride.  Its a MAJOR improvement.  Would it get even better with wedges?  Possibly but I doubt I'll need them.  Now between the seat(which sits be up higher and the pullpack risers which sit me up straighter I must have a better windshield so I suspect the XL/Wide CalSci is in my future.

30hq3yq.jpg

2ikqw49.jpg

2r4na5h.jpg

Craig

Looks sharp Craig, after reading and comparing the AST vs. HeliBar 2" risers I see...
HeliBar offers 1/2" wider, 2" height and 1-3/4" pullback
AST offers 2" height, 2" pullback

I think the 1/2" wider would be nice also. Looks real nice.

I can say after a few hundred miles testing these out I absolutely love them and will never take them off the bike as long as I own it!!

Craig

wayne-o said:
Im ordering a set now. Thanks

I received them yesterday. I could have paid lots more for faster shipping but fee shipping got here in 2 days. They wanted alot more for 2-3days and quitea bit still for 5-7 days.
    They go on Monday.