• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello All

markhilken7654

New member here. Purchased a 2012 Concours with "112" miles last week. Yes you read that right. Brand new bike that is 11 years old and only 112 miles on odo. Still ride an bmw r1150r as daily beater and needed a traveling bike to visit kids living in Colorado. That's why the Concours. Love the bike and can't wait to get engine broken in so I can feel the power. I'm located in Pennsylvania

Last edited:
Greetings Mark - Welcome the the group!

Wow very few miles, there is definitely a story behind this one.

Check this machine over carefully, hopefully stored properly to prevent corrosion and breakdown of the machine’s critical parts. Tires, hoses, all fluids get ‘em changed.

I am in SE - PA, PM us when you are ready to ride.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

New member here. Purchased a 2012 Concourse with "112" miles last week. Yes you read that right. Brand new bike that is 11 years old and only 112 miles on odo. Still ride an bmw r1150r as daily beater and needed a traveling bike to visit kids living in Colorado. That's why the Concourse. Love the bike and can't wait to get engine broken in so I can feel the power. I'm located in Pennsylvania
Mark also you can drop the ‘e’ - Concours !

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Greetings Mark - Welcome the the group!

Wow very few miles, there is definitely a story behind this one.

Check this machine over carefully, hopefully stored properly to prevent corrosion and breakdown of the machine’s critical parts. Tires, hoses, all fluids get ‘em changed.

I am in SE - PA, PM us when you are ready to ride.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
I did check over. Purchased from Kawasaki d3aler that took it on a trade for another vehicle. My beemer was also purchased low mileage for the year. 2003 r1150r with only 6k miles in 15 years(purchased in 2018) have 60k now on odo so I know what to look for

I did check over. Purchased from Kawasaki d3aler that took it on a trade for another vehicle. My beemer was also purchased low mileage for the year. 2003 r1150r with only 6k miles in 15 years(purchased in 2018) have 60k now on odo so I know what to look for
You certainly lucked out - I am sure not the first one but that is some incredibly low mileage and the best used (can you even call it used) C-14 garage queen find I’ve heard of!

Heck the first day home from the dealership - purchased my 17’ in Hagerstown, MD - we had 3x that mileage!

As you noted you’ve been lucky on finding low mileage machines and as long as you can provide the TLC needed to restore from natural aging you have a fresh machine awaiting the twisty road!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

New member here. Purchased a 2012 Concours with "112" miles last week. Yes you read that right. Brand new bike that is 11 years old and only 112 miles on odo. Still ride an bmw r1150r as daily beater and needed a traveling bike to visit kids living in Colorado. That's why the Concours. Love the bike and can't wait to get engine broken in so I can feel the power. I'm located in Pennsylvania
I just got a 12 with under 7000 miles!
Wow.. break in!
That's awesome!

I got mine after a 4 hour drive for 6k.. 2 days of ownership and loving it.
To hot here in TX to ride but evening and mornings when it down to 90⁰. 😆 🔥

Congrats and enjoy!
This is a great group. I was on a decade ago with my 06 C10.
Lots of friendly helpers here.