• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from Florida

Tom and Karen Horton from Central Florida and riding an ‘08 C14 with just over 16k now on the odometer. Looking forward to the knowledge provided by this group and the social interactions such as events and rides the group has to offer. Hope everyone has a safe and fulfilling new year!
Welcome Tom & Karen to the group.

Check out the southeast events area - LOTS of Ride To Eat (RTE) meetups on the calendar.

Poke around your new home, check out the “The Best Place to Start" section that has lots of helpful instructions from how to maintain your profile to posting pictures and many things in-between.

Also the archives, catch up on the years of previous Concourier magazines!

See you around,
Wayne, Carol & Blue

Welcome Tom & Karen to the group.

Check out the southeast events area - LOTS of Ride To Eat (RTE) meetups on the calendar.

Poke around your new home, check out the “The Best Place to Start" section that has lots of helpful instructions from how to maintain your profile to posting pictures and many things in-between.

Also the archives, catch up on the years of previous Concourier magazines!

See you around,
Wayne, Carol & Blue
Will do, thank you

Welcome from Ohio.
You’ll like it here.
Great tech advice, stuff for sale, rides and rallies, good natured banter….
Best regards
Bob

Welcome!!

As Wayne said, Joanne Poole and friends are getting busy in central Florida. Check out all the nice folks.
Ron

Welcome from Michigan.

Hopefully, your bike went through a recent valve clearance check (at the 15k recommended interval). My 09’ turned over 15k at the end of the 22’ season and I did the check as part of spring maintenance. To my surprise, 13 of 16 valves were tight… some more the a thousandth of an inch off. She runs like a Swiss watch after bringing back to specifications. I also had the ECU flashed and updated the headers at the same time. Best things I ever did… for sure.

Have fun and enjoy the ride!

Whereabouts in central Florida? I’m in Chiefland. Jo Poole has set up rides to eat in Chiefland, Dunnellon , Astor and a few other places. Florida and the southeast in general has always had nice friendly members that will make you feel welcome.

Steve

Welcome from Michigan.

Hopefully, your bike went through a recent valve clearance check (at the 15k recommended interval). My 09’ turned over 15k at the end of the 22’ season and I did the check as part of spring maintenance. To my surprise, 13 of 16 valves were tight… some more the a thousandth of an inch off. She runs like a Swiss watch after bringing back to specifications. I also had the ECU flashed and updated the headers at the same time. Best things I ever did… for sure.

Have fun and enjoy the ride!
Those items I plan on doing soon as well. Get an Ivan tune and Blackwidow headers. I purchased my ‘08 about a two years ago from a guy and at that time the bike had 11k on it. The guy handed me a small box with some spare parts in it that were brand new like oil filter and some Kawasaki seals. Also in that box, I found a small ziploc sandwich bag with three used valve shims. I asked the guy if he new the story on the shims and he said no, he said he was handed the box from the guy he bought the bike from which at that time the bike had 9k on it. So evidently the original owner of the bike had the engine cracked open sometime before 9k to check valve clearances. I don’t know why someone would have done the valve clearance check done so early🤔.

Welcome

Although I'm fairly new to the state myself. I'm up in Ocala.
Nice, we all have to get together some time. Go out for a ride and grab something to eat. Wife and ride the backroads of Ocala quite a bit. We like to ride up to Gator Joe’s in Ocklawaha, get lunch and ride some of the roads in that area as well. Maybe see ya at the meet up in March at the Yalaha Bakery gathering.

Absolutely. I'll be riding around the Tombstone/Bisbee/Green River area of AZ for a few days followed by a few days around Las Cruces, working my way back to FLA.
WOW, I bet it is beautiful out there. I need to get off this rat wheel of the daily grind and do some things like that!

Decided to say hello and it seemed a perfect occasion to pick on "ONOBob" a bit. 😈

Welcome from Ohio. the great state of TeXaS. 🤠
You’ll like it here. (In spite of Bob 😵)
Great tech advice, (Be careful about Bob's advise! 😧) plus stuff for sale, rides and rallies, (and best of all) good natured banter…. (You can help us pick on Bob) 👍

Best regards
Bob

Come ride with us! (even Bob) :censored:

Ride safe, Ted