• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hello from SFO

scott4113

doplgngr
New COG member and forum subscriber. I picked up a low-mileage 2012 Police edition a few years back with the intention of flipping it for a nice profit, however, after fixing a few items that needed repair and riding it a bit, I can't bring myself to let it go. I really didn't need another bike in the garage, but it has grown on me. Anyway, hello. I'm looking to exchange notes with others who have experience with the police kit. Mine came with a majority of the kit still installed and I have a few questions.

20220204_103434.jpg 20220204_103635.jpg

Welcome Scott! I used to head your way every October for Hardly Strictly in Golden gate park. A motorcycle is essential where you live. I also fall in love easily and my lack of garage space is evidence of that. If you stick around, you'll learn a lot and make some new friends. Then there's this guy Ted......and he's stuck on red.šŸ˜‚

Hey Bud. Eric Gales played this year among many others of course. Lots of great music, much of it is still free. A bike is definitely essential; traffic is insane here these days. Rides are about 70/30. 30% pleasure 70% survival. I have an obnoxiously loud KLR with full crash bars just for daytime commutes.

New COG member and forum subscriber. I picked up a low-mileage 2012 Police edition a few years back with the intention of flipping it for a nice profit, however, after fixing a few items that needed repair and riding it a bit, I can't bring myself to let it go. I really didn't need another bike in the garage, but it has grown on me. Anyway, hello. I'm looking to exchange notes with others who have experience with the police kit. Mine came with a majority of the kit still installed and I have a few questions.

View attachment 37144 View attachment 37145
There was someone here on the forum who also had a police unit, and was putting some high tech radio equipment in the trunk... cant remember there handle, thiught it might have been uncle vern....

Anybody recall who had the police bike?

Bagger john, was the guy... in the search engine put.his name in member area. It should.pop up with all conversations he's been involved in..hth

Welcome Scott!! We have some activities planned in the northern part of the state early next year! Cool color too!

Welcome Scott!
I'll admitthat the bike looks kind of cool.
I expect that it's heritage will make installation of accessories easier.
As Bud said, lots of knowledgeable people here that are more than willing to share info.

Welcome! Always like the Police versions even when I had a BMW R1100-RT. Keep it coming!