• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Help lowered C10

spider

Training Wheels
I jut picked up a '05 C10 It came with a unique set of risers and I'm pretty sure it has been lowered due to the fact it sits very low, almost impossible to get on center stand and when on side stand almost straight up. You can see where the fork tubes have been slid down in the fork tubes. The rear I do not know how it was lowered. How does the rear get lowered? Anybody please help.

Most people find the bike hard to get up on the center-stand even stock. And it does sit more upright on the side-stand than it seems like it should. The top of the fork tubes should be roughly 3/4 of an inch above the triple.

But, on the other hand, lots of people do lower their bikes.

Have you compared it to a known stock bike?

Should you find it was lowered with an aftermarket ROCKER, rather than the lowering links posted I've been looking for one without success.  I'm trying to replace the rear shock with one from a C14, which raises the rear.  If you don't like how it's sitting, we should work out a deal to correct our setups.

Spider said:
I jut picked up a '05 C10 It came with a unique set of risers and I'm pretty sure it has been lowered due to the fact it sits very low, almost impossible to get on center stand and when on side stand almost straight up. You can see where the fork tubes have been slid down in the fork tubes. The rear I do not know how it was lowered. How does the rear get lowered? Anybody please help.

Have you checked the air pressure in the rear shock yet?
Even a stock setup bike will sit vertical when the shock is low, like 15 psi or so... pump it up to 40 psi...  but don't go over 50 psi.

MAN OF BLUES said:
Have you checked the air pressure in the rear shock yet?
Even a stock setup bike will sit vertical when the shock is low, like 15 psi or so... pump it up to 40 psi...  but don't go over 50 psi.
You may be on to something, I have plenty of lean with 15 PSI. My bike was set up for 2-up and it dropped an inch when I set up up right for my weight.