• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Help!

CoachTony

Hard my Corbin seat recovered. Rode with my RDL seat for a week, including yesterday, no problems.
Got the seat back today. Installed it. Hooked up the connections for the heated seat. Noticed that one was switched on, but the light wasn't on.
Tried to turn the bike on, and it is 100% dead. No security light, nothing.
Unhooked heated seats, removed seats.
Checked all fuses on the three fuse blocks under the seat. All Good.
Trickle charged for an hour, and the charger light turned green. Also, the bad battery light, not on.
Still dead.
Pulled off side panel. Check batter ground. Removed it, cleaned it, no corrosion. Reconnected.
Noticed large blade fuse next to battery, checked it, all good.
Unhooked ECU, used compressed air to ensure it is all clean (did not touch any connectors), hooked back up.
Still no security light, push down in the ignition key and no click, nothing. Acts like battery is completely dead, but it is charged up.
ANYONE?????

Sounds like a short inside the battery. Those show themselves under a load. Take it to AutoZone or some place that can load test the battery.

I just went through this . I had 12 volts across on the meter but could short the battery out and not get a spark. New batt fixed it.

I wonder what caused it to blow?
I just got my seat redone. I think when I hooked up the seat heaters one of them was in the on position, and might have blown the fuse. There is also a chance since he reused the heating element, that there is a short in one, and that blew it. Will figure out later. No need for heated seats in Tucson right now!

I just got my seat redone. I think when I hooked up the seat heaters one of them was in the on position, and might have blown the fuse. There is also a chance since he reused the heating element, that there is a short in one, and that blew it. Will figure out later. No need for heated seats in Tucson right now!
Might want to figure it out what cause it now. (as a blown fuse in the middle of nowhere would be no fun)
Just sayin'. ;)

Ride safe, Ted

Reactions: Bud