• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

hey rallymeisters, howz bout a "no tshirt" option?

Paulie

It'd help save some bux & git more folks to sign up. My poor rag, uh I mean tshirt drawer is stuffed so full it's ridiculous. If attendees want em, they pay fer em. Whaddya say, rallymeisters? 01 Conc, Mijami Floriduh OTP 06: http://tinyurl.com/2vk9o2 route map: http://tinyurl.com/4p7pmd
yzdfi9.jpg
yzdfib.jpg
yzdfia.jpg
y6x7zt.jpg

Paulie, That would save bux no doubt, though it would be the same amount of work for the t-shirt person since they need to create one and get them printed up. Then there's the case of folks not ordering a shirt, seeing the finished product and wanting one badly. I think it's a good idea though. David in Jax COG# 7898 NE FL AAD & COG Vendor www.dreamjobresumes.com preparing resumes for COG members and friends I ride a KAWASAKI ZZR1200 - Euro http://www.motorbikestoday.com/reviews/Articles/ZZR1200.htm US http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2002_kawasaki_zzr1200/index.html

Paulie, We wrestled with that idea, and finally decided to roll it in to the costs. Primarily beacuse we guessed most would like a shirt (gotta keep replacing those rags, ya know) and it makes it easier on our end when folks are checking in. Maybe you can put a notice up on the b board and sell yours if you don't want it.... Brian Snowberg 1/3 Rally Meister 2010

I agree Paulie... COG rallymeisters need to consider how these incidentals can cause a rally fee to creep up there. We stopped doing t-shirts at almost all COG northeast regional rallies almost 10 years ago. IIRC, at the last 2 COG national the NE area hosted t-shirts were available as pre-purchased options. At the Canaan Valley event there were several pre-ordered rally merchandise options to choose from including hats, polo, and specialty embroidered items. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

I also agree with Paulie and think that Steve Smith and the NE tribe is leading the way. Bob Sherwood COG #2994 COG Industry Liaison MSF RiderCoach Statesboro, GA

Certainly an idea for Rallymiesters to decide on. Options are good. Some t-shirt suppliers do usually have a minimum requirement so dependent on the expected event size that might be a factor. If not enough are ordered, no t-shirts for any one :( Hm-m-m-m, but that could be handled; probably not an issue for most of the bigger events anyways.

Folks, I see good and not so good out of this. It is good that those in the NE don't need new rags, but it also denotes a static membership base. But I too fall into the category that I don't need any more COG related tees as all the drawers are full. I wear one just about every day, but they hold up too well. And being a cogger, also somewhat frugal, I'm not about to throw it away until I have gotten every bit of use out of it. I even use them as dirty rags to clean up oil. My thought, give them a choice. It's not that hard to do with most registrations being online now. That way all can 'have it their way'. :) tcars, John, COG 4157, AMA & ROK Central Jawja AAD

So long as we can do it as online registrations and have a cut off date, then determine if shirts can be ordered, don't see a problem with it. I am really into the idea or a t-shirt and a no-shirt option. Really need to be able to push this to online only.

I honestly do not see the necessity for a specialized rally shirt or other promotional item for a small regional rally. Leave this fro the national. Instead of specialty ordered rally t-shirts, rally hosts can always choose to sell stock COG merchandise... This is probably something that would have broader appeal. I would like to hear what attendees think, instead of what the hosts think... As a club we should be hosting and organizing these events to suit the members desires, not the host's. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

In answer to Steve Smith's question -- I've been to three regional COG rallies this year and one last year. The Dog Days in WV twice, The Gathering on the Green in WI once and The Spider Ride in MO once. I did not attend the National because of other commitments although I did attend the '08 National in Frisco, CO. IMO, there is no need for tee-shirts for the regional rallies. Those I've attended have only had 30-50 or so attendees and the time, effort and expense is not worth it. The National, on the other hand, with the larger group (typically 300 or so) and the larger area from which they come to the rally, justifies the time and expense for the tee-shirt. As far as the cost, I would bury that in the registration fee and every attendant receives one. Ride safe out there.

Well said. I'm in the same boat. I don't think there should be these types of options at the local level, but the national should just bury it in the registration. I also liked the idea as a participant of just selling the normal COG stock. I would buy more of that than I would the regional stuff. Seems to be a little bit nicer and more "daily" friendly to me. Also, most times, I can get the stock COG merchandise in size larger than 3X, whereas most of the regional stuff is hard to come by like that.