• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hi from Vancouver Island Canada!

New to me 2008 Connie 14 ABS. Of course I already dropped her.
Great bike.. a little heavy for short legs.. lol.
Welcome, hopefully that drop was out of the public eye. When I've done it in public it feels like I've taken my man card out and asked passersby to spit on it. Then sometimes I'll get so mad at myself that my grownup card is in jeopardy as well. :rolleyes:

Other than that problem (and most of it is just me) you've purchase a great bike..so welcome to the club Greg! 🇨🇦 🤗

Welcome, hopefully that drop was out of the public eye. When I've done it in public it feels like I've taken my man card out and asked passersby to spit on it. Then sometimes I'll get so mad at myself that my grownup card is in jeopardy as well. :rolleyes:

Other than that problem (and most of it is just me) you've purchase a great bike..so welcome to the club Greg! 🇨🇦 🤗
Thanks, I woman jumped out of her car yelling "I am a nurse!". I said"great! can you do something about my bruised ego?" haha,
thanks for the welcome.. I do love the bike already. might lower it though. lol

Thanks, I woman jumped out of her car yelling "I am a nurse!". I said"great! can you do something about my bruised ego?" haha,
Ha :LOL:

You'll need to address the problems of using center stand and side stand at a lowered height first...or....you might even get more drops.:eek:
'Til then find the tallest boots you can. (y) (<-- Yes I'm being serious here)

New to me 2008 Connie 14 ABS. Of course I already dropped her.
Great bike.. a little heavy for short legs.. lol.
Welcome to the group - file for your Connie Droppers Anonymous (CDA #), yes it’s a real thing - here.

I see you’ve already joined as a full member 👍! Have a loop around and shout out if you can’t find something.

2008 - any mods or plans to make some improvements?

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Welcome to the group - file for your Connie Droppers Anonymous (CDA #), yes it’s a real thing - here.

I see you’ve already joined as a full member 👍! Have a loop around and shout out if you can’t find something.

2008 - any mods or plans to make some improvements?

Wayne, Carol & Blue
HI and thanks!
Yes, I'm thinking of lowering it and have lots of input from members on that. The thing, as you know, is a joy to ride!
cheers
Greg

Welcome from NE Oregon. Come on down for a ride sometime! When we can cross the border again, we are heading to toad rock motorcycle campground! have you been there? Its great.

Congratulations! - You have been awarded CDA # 570 and added to the long list of fellow Coggers who have dropped their machines before you!

I am glad you chose to get the drop out of the way - right away - there is no since in waiting I suppose. Sounds only bruise were to your pride, how about the machine - anything major there?

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Thanks! and Hi, Actually I have dropped it twice already.. once right and once left.. the left broke the footpeg stay and bent the gear shift lever.
I found one on ebay and ordered it.. so I might as well tear down the forks, change the oil and drive lube and other general maintenance while I wait for the parts to lower the thing and inch and a half. bright side.. it is awesome on the road.. left leg down doesnt seem to prevent me dropping her though.. lol.
cheers!
Greg

Thanks! and Hi, Actually I have dropped it twice already.. once right and once left.. the left broke the footpeg stay and bent the gear shift lever.
I found one on ebay and ordered it.. so I might as well tear down the forks, change the oil and drive lube and other general maintenance while I wait for the parts to lower the thing and inch and a half. bright side.. it is awesome on the road.. left leg down doesnt seem to prevent me dropping her though.. lol.
cheers!
Greg
Greg what is your inseam?

There are also some shortened height seats available, I believe by Sargent.

Wayne

I think it might be time for some tip over protection, as well as taller boots. I have so many drops that I never even bothered to get a CDA merit badge. (counting the two in the garage, and the two where it wasn't in gear and rolled forward off of the side stand when I was 10 feet away, I'm sure I've got 10+ drops)
However I knew that was a strong possibility from the outset, and got some TOP BLOCK tip over protection before the second oil change. I got the expensive ones direct from France before Murph started to sell them.
I'm only 5'6" but with my Redwing 971 boots I get a 32.25" inseam, barefoot I'm at 30.5" inseam.

Last edited:
Thanks.. no where abouts is the campground?
Greg
Kootney Bay? lake nelson? you can google it! you can ride in on a naked bike and they have everything you could need. Coolers, tents, bedding, sleeping bags, Ice. They wash all bedding that is used when you leave They can't sell beer, but they have a restaurant type cooler w several kinds of beer in it. You just keep track of what you take and put money in an envelope at the end of your stay.
There is an old school bus fitted out to sleep in, a vw van, a couple cabins, and tent spaces. there is a community fridge to put food in. a huge propane camp stove. motorcycle lifts, tools, you name it. We were there pre covid, so a bit might have changed...

hello again! check out the ride on the calendar IHOP, the end of September. Bob
Rainey opens up his shop for the guys to sleep in. He has cots for all. we come in on Friday and leave on Sunday and some people go to the oyster run(mostly harleys are there). It would be a good way to meet some of the COG members. Bob does not have internet. look on the forum from last year and there should be some pics. On Saturday, Bob takes us island hopping to 3 or 4 islands and we ride around and look at interesting stuff! If you are free the last weekend in September, come on down! We also have a couple guys come down for the ride the ribbon on Labor Day weekend.

Hey Thanks eh! Looking forward to Chuckanut drive in future.
g
Chuckanut is a nice byway, and we've got lots of other curvy roads in various locations across the Pacific Northwest. Come on down and we'll see if we can't show you something you've never experienced before without banjos and backwood rednecks.

Welcome! Another 08 owner from the Seattle/eastside with lots of miles on mine at 98K!! With the borders open thinking of doing a ride on the Sea to Sky highway with a visit to some relatives in Vancouver!