• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

...High Tire Pressure?

...What is the acceptable "High End" for tire pressure with the C-14?  I have been told that if you run a higher pressure your fuel milage will increase substantially .  So whatz up with that??  ??? :-\

;D  ...also if you run Helium in them you'll float over the pot holes better.... ;)

:)

:))

Oregonrider said:
;D  ...also if you run Helium in them you'll float over the pot holes better.... ;)

...and your voice will sound funny too!
                                                                          :)

:))

now running 44/44 much better tire mileage. was running 40/40,  no downside as far as i can tell.  upped the psi on my 2 liter sport bikes, to 34/36, summertime, 36/38 winter. was running down to 32/ 34.  tire mileage improved slightly, but motivation was that i damaged too many rims, on these lousy nys roads. so now running higher psi on all bikes.

Check the sidewall ratings. Be very careful when running higher pressures. I've seen high pressures cause some tires to develop bulges in the sidewall, which can result in sudden and extreme failures.