• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

High vis jacket for plus size people

dblswing

Tricycle
Just thought I'd share my winter jacket set up.  I use a Joe rocket phoenix in 5XL (I like to eat).  I bought one of those high vis jackets that look like its for mine workers from Rural King for 20$ on sale (normally $40).  I take the liner out of both and wear the miner jacket over my Joe rocket.  I have the wind block and high VI's from the miner jacket and protection from the Joe Rocket.  Just a thought for y'all

Nicely done Lee... sounds like it works.
I ended up with two jackets. Scorpion Holeshot for weather below 75F, and a First Gear Tex Mesh for the other 10 months.
When I lived in Indiana, I would sometimes put on my rain gear for additional wind protection; same effect as what you're doing.
Anything you can do to extend that season!

Yeah, I'm not a small guy either (6' 250) and did manage to find a great high-viz First Gear Jaunt T2 in my size.

The big test was my first commute with it while lane splitting, and far more cars slide over than before.

I've had friends give me grief over my highlighter yellow jacket and helmet, but I absolutely don't give a rip - people see me.

Two jackets here, too. Klim mesh for down to about 65 degrees, Tourmaster Transition below that. Both Hi Viz. The Klim is 3.5 years old and while holding up well, the black collar has faded significantly to some shade of brown. The Tourmaster is practically new since until recently, it wasn't too cold around here.

The Klim is fairly eye catching, but the Tourmaster is blinding, it's so bright and the Hi-Viz panels are big. I'm 6'4" and about 240# (for now - trying to be 225#). Was 250# when I bought it. If I make it, I might have to sell the practically new Tourmaster. It's cut pretty big.