• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horsepower/Torque Graph

med_rare

I'm looking for the horsepower or torque curve Steve originally posted on his website for a motor with his exhaust cam sprocket and the intake timing. If anybody has a JPG or PDF or whatever of it, please post it here. Or if it's already in here somewhere, please let me know. Thanks and happy trails!

I asked Steve about it a while back and he didn't seem to have it available. Maybe he's found it since... or anybody else?

I remember that..
I have the dyno numbers from a muffler test I did on mine.
I ran Stock, baffelectomy, and Cobra F1s mufflers.

By simply doing a (free) baffelectomy or adding slip-on's;
,,,The hiccup's you see in the torque curve {at 3200 and 5400} are smoothed "quite" a bit and the peak goes up 1 or 2 HP.

I'll try to find the numbers.
Ride safe, Ted

Found them; (Original discussion included)
Trying to get the numbers to stay in the correct coulumn's. &^&%^*@@
Is there a chance that someone can do a plot of these for a better comparo?

Muffler - Stock -- Baffelectomy -- Cobra F1s
RPM - HP Torque - HP Torque - HP Torque
2000 -- 14 - 35 ----- 14 - 38 ----- 15- 40
3000 -- 30 - 52 ----- 32- 63 ----- 32 - 56
4000 --- 43-57 ----- 44 - 57 ----- 44- 58
5000 -- 52 - 56 ----- 56 - 58 ----- 56 - 60
6000 -- 70- 61 ----- 74-- 64 ----- 74- 65
7000 -- 83 - 63 ----- 86 - 64 ----- 86 - 64
8000 -- 90 - 59 ----- 93 - 61 ----- 93 - 62
9000 -- 92 - 53 ----- 94- 55 ------ 94- 55

Peak torque in all cases was at about 6500 rpm.
Stock 63, baffelectomy 67, Cobra's 67.

Peak HP in all cases was at about 8500 rpm.
Stock 92, baffelectomy 94.5, Cobra's 95.

The numbers don't quite tell the tale here either.
The plot of the Baffelectomy improved a lot, and the plot with the Cobra pipes was slightly smoother (more consistent) than the others.

The Suprise was how much change the baffelectomy showed. (Impressive change for Zero $$)
Ride safe, Ted

NOTE: Differing dyno's do not repeat the same numbers.
So, look for the amount of change, not the number value.
ie; 63 increased to 67 (change = 4 Ft Lbs), and 92 increased to 95. (change = 3 HP)
If someone can plot it, the change in the plot curve is more important.
ie; A plot will show how much the smoothness of the power curve improved.

** I later added Steve's Power Cams and Exhaust Sprocket to this bike. <sneaky grin>

Last edited:
Ted, I finally graphed the above numbers. I had to relearn a few things. I did replace the torque value of 63 ftlbs at 3k rpm with 56 ftlbs for the "bafflectomy" plot since that is how the math works out. It was either that or the hp needs to be 36. Either way, I agree with your conclusion that the bafflectomy is great money spent...
Steve
C10Tq.jpgC10Hp.jpg

Just saw this. Thanks for doing it.
(For those that haven't been following); The graph shows that a baffelectomy gains approx. the same advantage in HP/Torque as an aftermarket muffler, and costs nothing.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Just a "bump" to make this more visible. I still haven't located an HP or TQ curve for Shoodaben's C10 cam timing changes. Again, if anyone has them please post them. I do have a copy of the Dynojet Stage One instructions with HP curve if anyone wants to see that. Thanks!

Oh I wish I could find the dyno charts I ran on my C-10. The numbers were unbelievable, I had Steve's torque cams, sprocket, and 2m mod kit. But I also had my 4 into 1 header that I built, but the numbers were great. Steve said he never saw a C-10 that made as much torque for a stock bore naturally aspirated engine.

I'm looking for the horsepower or torque curve Steve originally posted on his website for a motor with his exhaust cam sprocket and the intake timing. If anybody has a JPG or PDF or whatever of it, please post it here. Or if it's already in here somewhere, please let me know. Thanks and happy trails!
What intake timing? From what I understood only time he advised intake timing change was with the power cams. I’ve done 7 degrees exhaust advance and 3 degrees retard on the intake but I’m running ninja cams timed with the square holes on the intake except retarded 3 degrees.

I have one I put together 16 years ago when I was working on the ZGRX 1200 project. It shows ZG1000 vs ZRX1200 figures for comparison.

Attachments

• 244-HP-TORQUE-ZG-ZRX.jpg
    244-HP-TORQUE-ZG-ZRX.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 65
I haven't checked this in a while. Nice to see it's still active with new information. Still no direct comparison with and without Steve's cam timing mods but that's okay.
Motorcyclerider - I modified my own exhaust cam sprocket with Steve's blessing and instruction. He also told me to change and time the intake sprocket to the square bossed holes.

Ted, I finally graphed the above numbers. I had to relearn a few things. I did replace the torque value of 63 ftlbs at 3k rpm with 56 ftlbs for the "bafflectomy" plot since that is how the math works out. It was either that or the hp needs to be 36. Either way, I agree with your conclusion that the bafflectomy is great money spent...
Steve
View attachment 32885View attachment 32886
Back when I posted this (Post #7), I forgot to add.
The bike was a 2000 without any engine modifications.
Yellow is the run with Cobra Mufflers.
Purple is the run with Stock Mufflers and a Baffelectomy.
Blue is the run with Stock Mufflers.