• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #9 - May 16th - 19th

Just Cliff

Since it's been suggested to me & talked about quite a bit, I'm making it official. HMR #9 will be tied in with the 2024 eclipse since we're in the path of totality. Being early April, the weather could be anything & will probably cut some far north Cogger's from making it down but I can't change the date of eclipse.

So next year's event will be 4 days, April 5 - 8th & will most likely will include 8 meals. Of course, camping is included also & the usual stuff we provide. More details to follow & open to any suggestions for this little camping event. For those not familiar with HMR just scroll down to past threads.

I think we'll call it HMR #9 the Darkside!

Last edited:
Okay, apparently this eclipse thing is a really big deal, bigger than I ever thought. The population is expected to nearly double here in AR.,

Hotels, campgrounds are completely booked. Apparently, every porta john in the state was reserved long before we decided to do this. Without a place to take care of business we can't do this. I am on waiting list but I'm not holding my breath.

So, unless by some chance we manage to luck out & get some this event will be done at later date.

Stay tuned!

DSC_7199_00001.jpg

Total Solar Eclipse is a memorable event! April weather is iffy but this year in Dallas it was clear after the sun burned off low stratocu in the late morning.

I have been waiting since 21 AUG 17 for the upcoming celestial show.

Combining it with some tyre scrubbing is a great experience.

I'm hoping this event will be scheduled later in April. I can watch the eclipse from my house.

Yes, this has been rescheduled for a later date. It should be going on the calendar soon & this thread locked to start another. With the influx of people/traffic we'll have, an eclipse rally was probably a bad idea anyway. ARDOT has already been on the news predicting travel times anywhere in the state to double or triple. Expecting 2 million visitors in a state that only has a population of 3 million. My little town is renting camping spots at the ball fields.

Due to a s/e event the end of April & then Mother's Day, HMR will happen May 16th - 19th. It will be a 4 day event with 6 meals served & a place to camp included as usual.

Details to follow!

Apparently, I'm not smart enough to edit the title to remove "on hold" & add the dates.

All the information has been submitted, just waiting for it to be added to the calendar & open registration.

In and registered. Not sure if by motorhome or riding. If wifey decides to come, definitely motorhome. Hopefully when I set it up she won't be locked in. ;)

On TDY at Aquirre Springs BLM CG east of Las Cruces, NM.

Registered! Can’t wait. Crazy GoldWing Mike is coming too. I may attempt camping as I’ve always wanted to try it while on a motorcycling trip. Mike’s staying at the hotel.

I may attempt camping as I’ve always wanted to try it while on a motorcycling trip.

Go ahead & give it try, it's hard to beat moto camping. There will plenty here that can give you advice on how to be a moto camp nerd!

Last edited:
Go ahead & give it try, it's hard to beat moto camping. There will plenty here that can give you advice on how to be a moto camp nerd!
If you talk to me reeeeeeeaaaallll nice {and bring some Beer},,,,,
I could bring the Gold Tent/Trump Tower and set it up for ya to sleep in.
You wouldn't have to buy/bring a tent etc.
*** Instead of a tent you could bring a cot (more comfortable} and a beer cooler to share.

Trump Tower is big, roomy, {room for 3 cots, and tall e'nuff to stand up in} and all the other Campers would be jealous and abuse you.
(like they did me when I used it).

Ride safe, Ted

I could bring the Gold Tent/Trump Tower and set it up for ya to sleep in.

Nobody needs to see that awful looking spray-painted tent. That thing belongs is the dump! On second thought if you brought it, we could burn it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Already have 6 states represented with just 10 registered, FL, GA, TX, MO, KS & SD.

Last edited:
Do it, you will enjoy it.
Registered! Can’t wait. Crazy GoldWing Mike is coming too. I may attempt camping as I’ve always wanted to try it while on a motorcycling trip. Mike’s staying at the hotel.
Besides me and Ted will be there so you get free entertainment, free mechanical advice, and plenty of storytelling. It really is one of the best events on the SC calender.

Nobody needs to see that awful looking spray-painted tent. That thing belongs is the dump! On second thought if you brought it, we could burn it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Already have 6 states represented with just 10 registered, FL, GA, TX, MO, KS & SD.
Relax. I understand gold paint gives off wonderful colors as it burns in the brush pile...

Hoping I can make it...but it may have to be a game time decision. We'll be in the throes of relocating to Oregon.

We weren't expecting it to happen this soon, but we found a great house in late December and decided to jump on it. First wave of the move is happening in about a month, with various runs (at least 2 currently scheduled) as needed until complete. I am indeed retiring from teaching, with my last contract day on May 23, so I'll still be in KS until at least then.

It's unclear if the bikes are going in the first wave or at the very end. Hell, worst case scenario, I could cage down there.

Would be great to see you all again before I become a PNW COGger.

Prep work has started for this little shin dig. Hauled in 1 load of firewood so far & spent a few hours on the tractor mowing the pasture today. Not so much that it needed mowing already, but mainly to discourage snakes & bugs from taking up residence. If Ted sees a spider he'll scream like a little girl, if a snake pokes his head up Ted will knock over everyone in his path running away while screaming like a dozen little girls! 😆😅😂

In and registered. Just me, no Lisa, bus or Bubba...they will be out in Oregon already.

Using the weekend as a shakedown of the new-to-me enclosed trailer rig that will do the final phase of the move with both C10s & whatever else I can stuff in there (bringing only one bike down for the HMR). Most of my camping gear made the first wave and is out at the new place already, so it's gonna be pretty minimal (but at least dry) inside the box.

I'll park away from Ted & let him have all the spiders and snakes.

We (the unwashed) that stay in a trailer (instead of in a tent on the ground) don't have to worry about spiders/snakes as much as the guys in the tents.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Being a nice guy, I've been known to put food under their tents so that they can have wildlife come visit them at night. {Go ahead Ron. Tell them how much you enjoyed the Skunk}.

I'll park away from Ted & let him have all the spiders and snakes.
(the unwashed) & Skunk

Those are your reasons to park away from Ted, not the snakes & bugs. It's the smell! Maybe we'll have them park to the far east side where we can't even see Ted & Jim.

Those two are married ya know; they cozy up pretty close in that trailer! I've watched them sit at my dinner table & go back n forth worse than any old married couple ever have. :ROFLMAO: The wife finds it highly amusing.

We (the unwashed) that stay in a trailer (instead of in a tent on the ground) don't have to worry about spiders/snakes as much as the guys in the tents.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Being a nice guy, I've been known to put food under their tents so that they can have wildlife come visit them at night. {Go ahead Ron. Tell them how much you enjoyed the Skunk}.

I'm going to see how I can block said trailer's door so it can't be opened. Maybe we all would get some peace and quite for the day.

Nobody wants to even see that thing, much less sleep in it. It's a waste of space to even to still be storing it, bring it with you & we'll throw it on the fire.

If Andy made it down, he'd get a room in the house! I think you offered somewhere to pay for his plane ticket down from Canada.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thats a good one Cliff . (y)

What, no more discussion?
ie; I was told that Cliff is buying the beer.

Ride safe, Ted

Okay, lets discuss.
Your excuse for always trailering, was so that you had plenty of room to buy/haul beer for everybody. So, beer is on Ted.

This is turning into a NC event in the south, we know where the campers are. They out number everybody else by double!
NC - 14
SE - 8
SC - 6 o_O
SW -1

Last edited:
Okay, lets discuss.
Your excuse for always trailering, was so that you had plenty of room to buy/haul beer for everybody. So, beer is on Ted.

This is turning into a NC event in the south, we know where the campers are. They out number everybody else by double!
NC - 14
SE - 8
SC - 6 o_O
SW -1
Come on SC, we don't care if you stay in a tent a trailer, or a hotel, come join the fun. Between Ted's free beer and my comedy genius we know you'll have a good time.

Come on SC, we don't care if you stay in a tent a trailer, or a hotel, come join the fun. Between Ted's free beer and my comedy genius we know you'll have a good time.

SC is tied up with the SE now, 2 more SC members signed up. They are new members & local. Jim, Ted, act normal & try not to scare them off 1st thing.

In other words, don't be yourself!!! 😆😅😂🤣

Ted's free beer should help out though.

Ok, ok, Ohhhhhtay! (I give up)
"Cliff",,, (since you keep hinting) I'll bring you a real Texas beer. (Shiner Bock)
"&" I 'll bring some extra "Shiner" to share with "my friends".

By the way; I have 2 others from SC that are planning to go to the rally.
They sed, "since Jim and I are going" they need to be there.

Ride safe, Ted

By the way; I have 2 others from SC that are planning to go to the rally.
They sed, "since Jim and I are going" they need to be there.

Ride safe, Ted

Well, they were obviously feeling bad for ya & trying to make y'all feel better by saying that. I'll give ya a pat on the back if that helps! 😘

It'll be good to have a couple mor SC people though.