• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Horseshoe Mountian Rendevous #4

Just Cliff

I've had several asking if this event was going to happen again & what would the dates be. I've even been told it was going to happen even if I wasn't here, I want mention Kurt's name though. Just make sure I mowed the pasture before I left  :rotflmao:.

So there must be some interest in it. Yes, it will happen again  :)! The dates will be April 20 - 23. Everything will be pretty much the same as in the past. Except I think we'll go with Kay Brown's cole slaw recipe this year. If you've been here you know what to expect. If you haven't been here, scroll down the page to HMR #2 & 3 to see what you missed.

Let's see some new faces this year!

Full details to come later.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Sounds great, Cliff! Thanks for setting dates for this great event. No tornadoes this time, right?  :eek:
Merry Christmas, y'all! :a035:

MotoCommuter said:
Jimmie said something about t-shirts this year??

Apparently you haven't been to the doctor yet Kurt, you're still hearings things  :nananana:!

SteveJ. said:
In. I'm a virgin to this event.

Some fresh blood in the mix, we'll be easy on you Steve  :).

Cliff,

Can you put Pamela and I in one of the rooms , please?

If not we'll look at other options.

Thanks,

Craig

kv5e said:
Cliff,

Can you put Pamela and I in one of the rooms , please?

If not we'll look at other options.

Thanks,

Craig

Yes Craig, both rooms are spoke for now. Man that was fast.

9 already tentatively planning to be here!

fireball%20firebox%20rooster%20magazine.jpg

Ready for the Stentorian Fire!!!!

Craig

handyman said:
Where's my pen...ok, it's on the calendar.

Who's up for some dual sport?

Yes, if not too heavy duty. That's why I put Shinko 705's on her.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Besides, what could go wrong??

Jim Snyder said:
Let me holler at Ted and see if we can come up with a plan.

Jim,, let's do it. (Do ya have a tent?)
Cliff, I'll even camp.. (err, unless Bob brings his motorhome)  ;)

Craig, when is Wildflower? (I fergot)
  Want to do both...

Update: Hans is coming from Sweden for a Ride March 2 - 19.
            Wildflower is March 31 - April 2
            Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous'  April 20 - 23

Geez, my dance card is already filling up and it ain't even Christmas yet..

Ride safe, Ted

MotoCommuter said:
handyman said:

Third times a charm??

After all the cancellations last year, I hope so. Besides, I gotta tune up for a possible Backcountry Discovery Route later next year.

handyman said:

Would love some dual sport. The KTM is ready and waiting. I am going to get some new rain gear just in case :)

Eddie-FL said:
Oh man, I sure want to make this! Gonna plan for it and put it on the calendar.

Come on Eddie, just follow the trail of Floridians!

LSGiant said:
handyman said:

Would love some dual sport. The KTM is ready and waiting. I am going to get some new rain gear just in case :)

The Ouachita & Ozark National Forrest are a easy hour ride from here. Lots of single & double track trails there. Not to mention the Trans America Trail passes within 40 -50 miles of here.

I can see the wheels spinning in Randy's head already  :motonoises:!

I could get some trail maps for you guys.

connie_rider said:
Jim Snyder said:
Let me holler at Ted and see if we can come up with a plan.

Jim,, let's do it. (Do ya have a tent?)
Cliff, I'll even camp.. (err, unless Bob brings his motorhome) 

Yeah I got a tent. But how can I get my queen size mattress and 32" inch flat screen TV in there.

Jim Snyder said:
Yeah I got a tent. But how can I get my queen size mattress and 32" inch flat screen TV in there.

Get a Time Out Deluxe trailer. Problem solved.  :beerchug:

Oh Hell Yeah :motonoises: I is coming :)  I promise to be more careful this year :-\  Might be a little gun shy about lunch at Oark, but we'll see.

Ewa's last day at work is April 24th. We have the apt til May. Hmmn - ride from Cliffs to NYC and put Betty, Ewa and everything else in a Uhaul after riding the NE a bit?

I think I'm thinking clearly here. Now to convince her this is all her idea  :truce:  ;D

Fais said:
Ewa's last day at work is April 24th. We have the apt til May. Hmmn - ride from Cliffs to NYC and put Betty, Ewa and everything else in a Uhaul after riding the NE a bit?

I think I'm thinking clearly here. Now to convince her this is all her idea  :truce:  ;D

Sounds like a plan to me Fais  :motonoises:.

Shawn said:
SteveJ. said:

In. +1

Look forward to having you Shawn. The Florida list is growing.

lanugo said:
"In. I'm a virgin to this event."

This will be my third. Does this make me a slut?

We like sluts & virgins. The sluts keep coming back, so must there must be something good here  :campfire:.

Just Cliff said:
Shawn said:
SteveJ. said:

In. +1

lanugo said:

We like sluts & virgins. The sluts keep coming back, so must there must be something good here  :campfire:.

I'm happy to hear you're keeping the HMR alive Cliff!

I want to ride the C14 up since a lot of the riding is new to me once I get out of FL, but I would love to try some dual-sport.

Any places near you do daily dual-sport rentals Cliff?  On the other hand...would starting out with a bunch of 'weathered dual-sport COGgers' not be the best dual-sport introduction for me?? :))

Shawn said:
Just Cliff said:
Shawn said:
SteveJ. said:

In. +1

lanugo said:

I'm happy to hear you're keeping the HMR alive Cliff!

I want to ride the C14 up since a lot of the riding is new to me once I get out of FL, but I would love to try some dual-sport.

Any places near you do daily dual-sport rentals Cliff?  On the other hand...would starting out with a bunch of 'weathered dual-sport COGgers' not be the best dual-sport introduction for me?? :))

Iff'n it's any consolation, there are a boatload of really good paved roads around. Try to grab an extra coupla days for playing.

The Butler map for the Ozarks is almost a joke in itself. More roads labeled as G2(good roads with little traffic and twisty) than you can count. The riding over in Arkansas borders on ridiculous for a fun time. Tons of great roads, little Police in observance, and did I say tons of great roads?

At this point dual sporting is in the infancy of planning. But, seeing that I have more miles dual sporting a C10 than most GSs sitting in front of Starbucks, it will probably be interesting. Even toying with the idea of rolling over to New Mexico and running a couple days of the NMBDR before Cliff's. But that's all written in the sand for now.

More to follow on this.

:hum: :confuse: I was on board to attend last year and wussied out due to weather issues. I've got it on my calendar (again). Gonna try but no promises (yet).

Well Jim,
You know there is gonna be weather again this year right? Might be sunny, might not. Will definitely be weather though!  :nananana: :nananana:

Matt

Shawn, there's no bike rentals near here. At least not that I know of. Like Steve & Randy said, we have many good roads around here. Some have virtually zero traffic & as far as the law goes, just ride, you'll seldom see one. I'll mention one, hwy. 341 aka Push Mountain road. No traffic, no LEO's, basically a road track, ride as fast as you dare. Plenty of youtube videos out there.

Since this will all be new to you I wouldn't worry about the dual sport. Plenty to keep you occupied on the 14.

I would like to make it back - missed the the last couple of years. I'd probably dual sport as well.  Got it on the calendar Cliff.  - Jeff

I am thinking hard about making this rally for the first time.  It is being held the same weekend as my 50th high school reunion.

Not like I was the life of the party in high school anyway.  We had 650 in our graduating class, I knew about 10 of them  ;D

I will know soon.

spiderman said:
I would like to make it back - missed the the last couple of years. I'd probably dual sport as well.  Got it on the calendar Cliff.  - Jeff

It would be great to see you back here Jeff.

COGnosticator said:
I am thinking hard about making this rally for the first time.  It is being held the same weekend as my 50th high school reunion.

Not like I was the life of the party in high school anyway.  We had 650 in our graduating class, I knew about 10 of them  ;D

I will know soon.

Not trying to persuade you from missing your class reunion Jerry. I'll just point out a few highlights for attending this event. You'll know more than 10 people, you'll be riding & hanging out by the fire.

You're the life of most COG events you attend  :allhail:!

Cliff 

Cliff,

The Mrs and I will be there...on a daily sort of basis...we're just a short ride away... :beerchug:

This was a little too close to MLR last year and I couldn't do both. Definitely want to attend this year!  :beerchug:

EZ said:
This was a little too close to MLR last year and I couldn't do both. Definitely want to attend this year!  :beerchug:
CRocker said:
Cliff,

The Mrs and I will be there...on a daily sort of basis...we're just a short ride away... :beerchug:

Looking forward to having all these new faces here.

Pretty excited about all the interest in this event so far, seeing as how so early still.

Just Cliff said:
EZ said:
CRocker said:
Cliff,

I would have made it last year but it conflicted with a pre-Mother's Day surprise for the wifey at Lake of the Ozarks put on by daughters and daughter in law and the resurrection of the Johnston brothers annual fishing, drinking, and now off road vehicle extravaganza.  :motonoises: :beerchug:
Looking forward to having all these new faces here.

Pretty excited about all the interest in this event so far, seeing as how so early still.

If the stars align correctly as they have for the last two years I will be there. Cliff, this time the weather will be on our side....As long as there are no tornadoes  :beerchug:

Bill

Paulie said:
Jest watched Command & Control, interesting. Were y'all in the hood back when, Cliff?

I'm guessing this is a movie? Back in the hood, nope.

You coming Paulie?

Paulie said:
Jest watched Command & Control, interesting. Were y'all in the hood back when, Cliff?

He's talking about the the Titan II Broken Arrow event in Damascus:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Damascus_Titan_missile_explosion

"It's laying here right on the ground, Sir!"

Good thing the PALs stopped the 9 MT warhead from detonating, or there would be a big crater taking up part of US 65.

oak.jpg

Craig

kv5e said:
Paulie said:

Good thing the PALs stopped the 9 MT warhead from detonating, or there would be a big crater taking up part of AR 25.

Craig

Cliff, it was back on Sept 18-19, 1980 in Damascus. I think the property is private now, but I would like to swing by and check it out it that is possible. I'm sure Bobby knows all about it.

We'll be there Thursday afternoon. Kay said she would help make the coleslaw.

MotoCommuter said:
kv5e said:
Paulie said:

Good thing the PALs stopped the 9 MT warhead from detonating, or there would be a big crater taking up part of AR 25.

Craig

Cliff, it was back on Sept 18-19, 1980 in Damascus. I think the property is private now, but I would like to swing by and check it out it that is possible. I'm sure Bobby knows all about it.

We'll be there Thursday afternoon. Kay said she would help make the coleslaw.

Okay, got it now. I was still in MS. in 1980. That property is just up the road, it's a grown up thicket now. Nothing there to see. At one time I owned a billboard on that property, so have spent time on it. There is another silo between here & Conway, nothing there to see either. Just a cow pasture now. You've been right by both Kurt, there on hwy. 65.

Tell Kay thanks  :)!

Wanted you to know I'll be there to do my part.
I'll help eat the coleslaw, and mebbe drink a beer or 2..

Ohh, and I can help with the Burger burnin'..

Ride safe, Ted

Yes I will be there with Ted as well. I can also be trusted with a BBQ grill and may also indulge in an adult beverage.

CRocker said:
Is that just your way of saying that you won't be here...?
Would love to make it out to Cliff's this year, but there are only so many days to play and only so much coin hemorrhage for riding each year.  :(

Hope to see ya at the Nat's Brad?

Gumby said:
CRocker said:
Is that just your way of saying that you won't be here...?
Would love to make it out to Cliff's this year, but there are only so many days to play and only so much coin hemorrhage for riding each year.  :(

Hope to see ya at the Nat's Brad?

Tom, you could make my rally & then just hang out for about six weeks. Nationals are just 5 hours north of here, it'd be just making one trip  :rotflmao:.

Maybe we wouldn't even get tired of you  :nananana:. If we did I'd just send over to Brad.

Just Cliff said:
Randall said:
As a newbie WHERE exactly is this ???  :truce:

Greenbrier, Arkansas to be exact.

Yes, and the GPS will leave you at the bottom of the hill. So keep going up the hill until either you see the house/airplane hangar (grin) or Cliff comes walking down because you woke him up.

Looks like 99% chance I am coming with a couple of us Northerners. I am going to be bringing the KTM so dual sporting will be my focus.  I will try to get some tracks down loaded before I get there. If anyone is thinking the same and does not want to ride alone I will be arriving late Thursday or early Friday morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hey Cliff, long time no see! Its  been a long azz winter up here in Kansas but cant wait to come back to Greenbrier this year! Had a great time at #3 (my first time) and your family are awesome folks! Count me in, I will be leaving to Texas and then out west (Utah) to see the kids/grandkids from there. Hope all is well, Dan 

My plans are forming up nicely for this. I plan on leaving Fla around April 2nd and take the scenic route to Greenbrier through Big Bend Country.

After the Rendezvous I'll be heading up to the Con Clave in Carolina to help the south kick some butt. And maybe have a homebrew or six whilst staying at casa Culp for two nights.

A month out on the bike. Retirement does not suck.

I may be dragging another Steve with, too early to know for sure.

Just about got the wood stacked for Saturday nights fire  :-\!

Attachments

• 20170205_140210.jpeg
    20170205_140210.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 130
Vacation booked, looks like I can make it this year.  I have heard a lot of good things Cliff looking forward to it. :beerchug:

I have negotiated a room rate of $58.50 + tax at the local hotel for you none campers. Just mention Concours Owners Group when reserving a room. This is approx. 7 miles away.

Hilltop Inn & Suites
124 North Broadview
Greenbrier, AR, 72058
501-679-5100

I almost have all the details worked out, should be on calendar soon!

connie_rider said:
Clarification; Cliff's campfire, "IS" a bonfire!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Yessir, Cliff has the only campfire that starts huge and then he adds to it with the front loader  :-\ 

2fast said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Yessir, Cliff has the only campfire that starts huge and then he adds to it with the front loader  :-\

I am a certified firefighter so as long as we have a water hose available we should be fine.

Jim Snyder said:
2fast said:
connie_rider said:

Ride safe, Ted

Me too...Do I need to bring bunker gear?

I am a certified firefighter so as long as we have a water hose available we should be fine.

Don't be scared, we'll have a standard issue campfire Thurs. & Fri. night  :nananana:!

Just Cliff said:
Don't be scared, we'll have a standard issue campfire Thurs. & Fri. night  :nananana:!

I'm a fire nut, the bigger the better!

Light up the dark side of the moon.

Horseshoe Mountain Rendevous #4

Is on the SC CALENDAR- REGISTRATION IS AT THE FOLLOWING URL:

http://bit.ly/2kewDgi

Time to get out of the house and scrub those tyres on AR's finest roads and enjoy the Burnette's great hospitality!

Ride free,

Craig

Woo Hoo!!

I just registered and I am registrant #4 for HMR #4 :)

I'm thinking we need a Tshirt this year ;)

Just Cliff said:
2fast said:
Woo Hoo!!

I'm thinking we need a Tshirt this year ;)

Tshirts? Have you been talking to Kurt?

Brian,

We probably need to skip over Cliff and go to the top and speak with Jimmie if we want T-shirts this year.  :nananana: :nananana:

I'm in!! (I think)
Not sure "exactly" how I did this, but I registered (lucky #13) and my Wife's name {Judy} is shown as the attendee?

If someone can fix it, please do.
If not,,, I guess ya'll will just have to call me Judy.. <gloom>  :??:

PS: If'n ya do, your tent might accidentally collapse or catch fire, during the night.
              Thinkaboutit...  >:D

Ride safe, Ted

All registered and ready for my first camping event.  Cliff is kind enough to let me borrow some of this equipment so I can give it a try before buying my own.  What a great host.

Registration is rolling along nicely, thanks for all the interest. Looks like 1/2 so far will be 1st. timers. Certainly hope it's up to your expectations!

Look forward to having everyone  :)!

SATXRIDER said:
All registered and ready for my first camping event.  Cliff is kind enough to let me borrow some of this equipment so I can give it a try before buying my own.  What a great host.

No problem at all Steve, glad to do it. Camping is just a more enjoyable than a stuffy motel.

Another first timer in for the count from NC region. 2Fast & LSGiant have so many good things to say about your Rally Cliff I hardly had a choice.
See you all soon!

A few things to mention, mainly for the 1st. timers. This IS a dry county so pick up a 12 pack or a bottle on the way in. At least enough for the first night, we can take a vehicle afterwards & make large hauls.

I've tried taking orders to have it here on arrival, but that didn't work out. So it's up to you.

Coming from the west on I-40, exit 108 is your last chance.
Coming from the east on I-40, exit 142 is your last chance.
From the north down hwy. 65, Harrison is your last chance.

Also I don't think this has been mentioned. There will be door prizes & a 50/50 drawing with 1/2 going to OTP. Last year we raised $400.00 for OTP! I must mention that the $400.00 was with the help of Mark auctioning the Kawasaki jacket he won & donating that money. Also Jeff donated a C14 watch to auction off.

Tundra Tom said:
Another first timer in for the count from NC region. 2Fast & LSGiant have so many good things to say about your Rally Cliff I hardly had a choice.
See you all soon!

I had to bribe them pretty good to say those things Tom. Looking forward to having you.

See ya'll here!

Just Cliff said:
A few things to mention, mainly for the 1st. timers. This IS a dry county so pick up a 12 pack or a bottle on the way in. At least enough for the first night, we can take a vehicle afterwards & make large hauls.

Bringing Fireball (of course)  :rotflmao:

Registration deadline is the 16th of April, the Event Calendar has been updated to that date.

Cliff needs the breathing room for making all the preps!

Craig

So, looks like the SE is leading the attendee count for this event. I know of a couple more SE members that were talking about attending but haven't signed up yet.

Looking forward to that famous Burnette Hospitality!!